High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
7:27 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I have a tree service that's been wanting an 026 to climb with when his ms200t isn't quite enough. I told him to stick an 18" on his MS360 and be done.. but he insists on an 026... OK. (I hate the 026 choke setup.)

Well I finally found a clean low hour carcass and with help from DDave I have parts on the way to build an mostly OEM 026.

Now I've had a few 026s before and an MS260. None have been real power houses and I personally think stock 18" / .325 setup is about all they want. The oiler and small clutch bearing combined with a bit peaky power.. it's a small saw.

I'm building this saw and know how they [tree service] treat them.. was just going to stick a cheap bar on it and let them bend/mangle/destroy it and then they can buy what ever they care for. After the owner laughed and laughed at my Raisman bar on my MSG360 "Malaysian Lady", I figured I'd ask if he did not want me to put a bar on as it would be a cheap one or find a nice new bar and charge accordingly. He responded he didn't want .325 ... no no.. 3/8 .050 bar for him. I tried explaining and he won't hear anything of it. If I was climbing I'd want a 3/8LP aka Picco setup on it. I guess I'll give him what he wants... the customer is always right aren't they?
I have a few basic rules of thumb when it comes to a customer that seems set on something that is at odds with my own thoughts. Am i being asked to do something that is ..NOT.. safe ?
For instance.."dont worry about the chain brake" or "im not bothered if the stop switch isnt working" ..Ect
I make the point with regard to whether there may be a better choice when selecting equipment and if they still want to go with there own choice its made clear that it is with the FULL understanding that it is THERE choice and they have to except it if it turns out to be "unwise" !!
Ether of the above not acceptable then .... Sorry ' but we do not do business.

Mutley

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
5:57 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lots of people like 026/260's, I don't!

Blocking down, why waste time with a saw that will never be able to do what your top handle can do? The top handle does 99% of the work anyway.

Top handle, then 60/70cc saw, then big saw if the tree is big enough.

David Young

Safety First !!!!!!
Staff member
Local time
3:27 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a muffler modded bg delete 026 with 3/8 on it. It has no problem at all with it.

In a tree having the larger kerf of full 3/8 may be beneficial. Keep it sharp and the rakers set reasonable. It’d work fine.

You won’t change his mind. Next best is to train him how to make it work.

It’s like you know what teenagers do on dates.
Make sure they do it safe.