So what did you do today?

Flint Mitch

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:01 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Split a little. Had to noodle a few rounds to crack them!
11ccd16628976b46049211510850e260.jpg

Bilge Rat

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This afternoon i was sitting at the bench in the garage/shop doing nothing.
I have been cleaning, organizing the shop so i can walk around and maybe find something.
So sittin there minding my own business one of the voices in my head said to get up and sort thru one of the piles of stuff.

I found 2 forgotten saws that were given to me.
A Stihl 017. It was run without an airfilter so the intake side of piston is a little polished and no start , only 85lbs compression.
Pulled the plug and regapped it from .060 to about .020.
Put an eyedropper of fuel in the intake and the dang thing fired up. It would not tune much and took 5 seconds to rev up.
Went to look in the fuel tank and while turning it on its side i hear something rattling around.
Found one of the main engine bolts rolling around so i put it back in which helped the running greatly.
Now i need to put a ring and seals in it so i can get it out of my way.
I hate working on junk but i can't just throw it out.

Second saw turns out to be an Echo top handle with a jammed recoil and god knows what else.
Took 10 minutes wiping off crud from sitting in a lawn maintainece trailer to find out what brand of saw it was.

I tried to do nothing today but my junk pile thought otherwise.

LOMartin

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Removed sheeting and nasty insulation.
going to epoxy the floors Rusto rocksolid and go back with wool insulation and plywood boards on walls.

The LEDs will get properly placed. I just zipped tied them now for work lights.

next up I have to remove VCT from the whole house.

7B13AB43-D0DE-411E-BD42-B44EE29BFECA.jpeg

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:01 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Did I say I really don't like clam shell Saw's but noooooo someone always has to bring one to me I would normally tell them to toss it in the trash but it was his only saw and it runs so I fixed it and did a quick muffler mods.IMG_20190919_120602.jpg IMG_20190919_120621.jpg

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Removed sheeting and nasty insulation.
going to epoxy the floors Rusto rocksolid and go back with wool insulation and plywood boards on walls.

The LEDs will get properly placed. I just zipped tied them now for work lights.

next up I have to remove VCT from the whole house.

View attachment 199825
I changed over from 4’ and 8’ fluorescents to LED 4’ a while back in my 24’ x 32’ shop. Tired of *f-wordking with the fluorescents and the bulbs. Bought 12, put up 11, all I needed where I wanted ‘em, gave the other one to a buddy of mine who needed a 4’ in his 10’ X 12’ shed.

The solid bulb LED’s are the way to go...they diffuse and spread light better than the small strip, in-line LED’s. Day and night difference in my shop!

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
As far as what I did today...getting ready to push the last two C-17’s in the air and gone, back to their home stations. One will leave this Saturday, the last one for FY19 quota will leave by next Wed. Almost two decades now in the books of on-time delivery of C-17’s back to their squadrons world-wide. Ain’t a maintenance group in the entire Chair Force *f-wordk with us and what we’ve accomplished at Robins AFB when it comes to C-17’s. F-15’s, C-5’s, C-130’s, EC-8 JSTARS get worked here as well...we blow the doors off the other maintenance squadrons.

LOMartin

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
As far as what I did today...getting ready to push the last two C-17’s in the air and gone, back to their home stations. One will leave this Saturday, the last one for FY19 quota will leave by next Wed. Almost two decades now in the books of on-time delivery of C-17’s back to their squadrons world-wide. Ain’t a maintenance group in the entire Chair Force *f-wordk with us and what we’ve accomplished at Robins AFB when it comes to C-17’s. F-15’s, C-5’s, C-130’s, EC-8 JSTARS get worked here as well...we blow the doors off the other maintenance squadrons.

Good stuff. I don’t know how you guys do it. Seems like every time you turn around someone is trying to delay something on that base.
Been lucky at always meeting my submissions, but it’s a puzzle sometimes.

just had our contracted quadrupled thanks to us doing soo well and keeping everyone happy.