thedude74

Bonafide & Stuff !!!
Local time
7:29 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Willow and alder belong on the river banks

How else can the bears sneak up and steal your pic-a-nic basket?

:roto2nuse:

We are north of Anchorage at mile 23 on the Glenn in North Peters Creek on the back side of Mirror Lake

We had a vacation/retirement home and another lot in Homer but sold both a few years back after we bought places in Hawaii

Winters there are mucho better on my sweetie's arthritis

Homer is beautiful but that damp cold can be brutal
That's a beautiful area. Was just up there a couple weeks back. Took the old Glen highway to Palmer. Yeah. We certainly get our share of rain down here. Well, enjoy your day!

3browns

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:29 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's a beautiful area. Was just up there a couple weeks back. Took the old Glen highway to Palmer. Yeah. We certainly get our share of rain down here. Well, enjoy your day!

You enjoy yours as well and have a great weekend

My son has 10 acres on the north side of the ridge above Homer that he was/is planning on putting a 40' yurt on

He is on again off again about developing it but I have gone up there and helped him knock down trees to mill and get ready for a road into the property

I sure LOVE cutting down those big spruce trees

Makes me feel like a real sawyer...

thedude74

Bonafide & Stuff !!!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You enjoy yours as well and have a great weekend

My son has 10 acres on the north side of the ridge above Homer that he was/is planning on putting a 40' yurt on

He is on again off again about developing it but I have gone up there and helped him knock down trees to mill and get ready for a road into the property

I sure LOVE cutting down those big spruce trees

Makes me feel like a real sawyer...

We looked at property in Diamond Ridge as well. Great views of Kachemak bay up there. Ended up buying 30 acres near Nikolaevsk. Been here almost a year now. Sold our home in Tucson Az and made the move. 4 vehicles, 2 trailers, wife and kids. Built 3/8 of a mile of road/driveway through the wilderness, about half was corduroy road over muskeg...built an addition on the cabin. Set up solar power(were off grid)....drilling a well and building a barn this year.. I love cutting the big trees too! Fun stuff!

Last edited:

3browns

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:29 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We looked at property in Diamond Ridge as well. Great views of Kachemak bay up there. Ended up buying 30 acres near Nikolaevsk. Been here almost a year now. Sold our home in Tucson Az and made the move. 4 vehicles, 2 trailers, wife and kids. Built 3/8 of a mile of road/driveway through the wilderness, about half was corduroy road over muskeg...built an addition on the cabin. Set up solar power(were off grid)....drilling a well and building a barn https://www.pferd.com/uk-en/company/sales-and-distribution/retailers-search/this year.. I love cutting the big trees too! Fun stuff!

Man, you did the full on Alaska experience

Good for you man

We lived out in the bush in Bethel for 8 years before moving back onto the road system in 2002 and that was quite the adventure as well

400 miles from the nearest road makes for a unique world view

Flint Mitch

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:29 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A buddy had some form of evergreen put down and a locust trimmed. I think mainly because he wanted to use his new trailer. Either way I'm getting a load of wood. Just had to cut it up :)
762f232b9fb505e9bc50817ef5b80779.jpg
e87aa7255c8d35480709b591e45df688.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
9:29 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We looked at property in Diamond Ridge as well. Great views of Kachemak bay up there. Ended up buying 30 acres near Nikolaevsk. Been here almost a year now. Sold our home in Tucson Az and made the move. 4 vehicles, 2 trailers, wife and kids. Built 3/8 of a mile of road/driveway through the wilderness, about half was corduroy road over muskeg...built an addition on the cabin. Set up solar power(were off grid)....drilling a well and building a barn this year.. I love cutting the big trees too! Fun stuff!
That sounds like the good life right there!

A buddy had some form of evergreen put down and a locust trimmed. I think mainly because he wanted to use his new trailer. Either way I'm getting a load of wood. Just had to cut it up :)
762f232b9fb505e9bc50817ef5b80779.jpg
e87aa7255c8d35480709b591e45df688.jpg

Should of left them sticks longer for cookies

Flint Mitch

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That sounds like the good life right there!

Should of left them sticks longer for cookies
I left the trunk of whatever "pine" in about 5' lengths. The locust was a tangled mess of branches so it got cut the easiest way I could separate it all.

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Loaded the trailer with a face cord of wood for my BIL for camping. While outside the neighbors are out trying to start ther rototiller for about 20 mins. Then his wife starts chirpin to him. Then his fatherinlaw is over and chirpin too. Then next thing he is walkin to his truck with gas can and now running fine.

Am i the only Ahole that enjoys watching neighbours struggle......

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Loaded the trailer with a face cord of wood for my BIL for camping. While outside the neighbors are out trying to start ther rototiller for about 20 mins. Then his wife starts chirpin to him. Then his fatherinlaw is over and chirpin too. Then next thing he is walkin to his truck with gas can and now running fine.

Am i the only Ahole that enjoys watching neighbours struggle......

I love doing that. Hell I'll even take pics of that *s-word happening too.

Like my new neighbor. He weedeater needs a tuning and chain a sharpening but he did wave back the other day so I'll just enjoy the sounds of struggle.

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Like my new neighbor. He weedeater needs a tuning and chain a sharpening but he did wave back the other day so I'll just enjoy the sounds of struggle.
I was thinking of putting the camer up. Would have been funny to video. Lol

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I was wrong. He did get gas. But must have rented a tiller from hardware store. He has a brand new lookin one. Lol.
I new i should have fired mine up and went around yard and put away. Lol

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was wrong. He did get gas. But must have rented a tiller from hardware store. He has a brand new lookin one. Lol.
I new i should have fired mine up and went around yard and put away. Lol

Years ago neighbor Bobby across the alley asked to borrowed next door neighbor Chucks tiller. Bobby comes back 10mins later amd asks Chuck to show his wife how to use it. Chuck came back 5mins later with tiller in hand after telling him to GFY.

tp2177

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Got a lot accomplished since last night. Got the yard mowed (mostly) and the weeds tilled out of the garden last night. Then this morning smoked two racks of ribs a whole chicken, corn on the cob and some hot dogs. While those were cooking. Cleaned some, changed my wife’s brakes, changed the valve cover gasket on my car. Pressure washed the back porch and pool deck. Then went swimming and had fun with friends most of the night. Wore out now though. Liking how Mobil one 0w-20 is keeping my camrys engine though. 135k in 5 years and still running like new.
c2929385dc8e7be0c1844b5ee3e56eb1.jpg

a04960c3500bb76ff73e1af7f610508a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Homelite750

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I filled five gallon buckets at the compost pile and dumped them in this junk hot tub. Should be a nice garden box. Also fired up the old homelite just to here it run.

Attachments

• IMG_4241.JPG
    IMG_4241.JPG
    244.7 KB · Views: 21

Dougbert

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Cleaned a bunch of debris off the driveway from a late season storm last Thursday. Then wasted (another) couple of hours trying to resuscitate my old Ryobi 790R string trimmer. Replaced the reed valve and intake gasket. No dice. I had already rebuilt the carb, replaced all fuel lines and primer bulb, new plug, and cleaned out the muffler. Will start and idle, but won't rev. Same with no filter and without muffler. I give up. Buying a new Echo or Husky this week. I hate failure.

Flint Mitch

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Spent the weekend organizing the garage. We've been here 2 years and never did anything after moving everything in. Have a useable work bench now. Still have some work to do, but I'm happy! No electricity out there currently, so it's lantern only :)
02617964fab36a5aa5c67f59d1ff42d8.jpg

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Cleaned a bunch of debris off the driveway from a late season storm last Thursday. Then wasted (another) couple of hours trying to resuscitate my old Ryobi 790R string trimmer. Replaced the reed valve and intake gasket. No dice. I had already rebuilt the carb, replaced all fuel lines and primer bulb, new plug, and cleaned out the muffler. Will start and idle, but won't rev. Same with no filter and without muffler. I give up. Buying a new Echo or Husky this week. I hate failure.
Revisit the carb.

stevegodseyjr

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
20190518_163944.jpg Cleaning up this mess. My girlfriends house burnt last Thursday. The dryer started the fire. We are now burning all the wood to try and save her money. Those damn big dumpsters are expensive!!! Not much fun but something that has to be done so she can rebuild.

Last edited: