So what did you do today?

Likesaws

Super OPE Member
Local time
5:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Give it a few weeks, & it'll be stunning. This is the "ugly" time of year. Once everything starts greenin up, wow.

I absolutely love where I live. Next time I move, it'll be to the cemetery.
Just wanted to let you I like that picture too. Didn’t pay it much mind till someone else made that comment. Looks like Home to me I’m in Alleghany co Va. Been here all my life. Sometimes we look past How good things are till someone else tells us how nice it is.
Thanks for this reminder of how blessed I have been.

Viper21

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Just wanted to let you I like that picture too. Didn’t pay it much mind till someone else made that comment. Looks like Home to me I’m in Alleghany co Va. Been here all my life. Sometimes we look past How good things are till someone else tells us how nice it is.
Thanks for this reminder of how blessed I have been.
Back at ya ..! Native Virginian myself. Although, I've lived in some other places (couldn't wait to come home). Alleghany is beautiful too..! I'm through there from time to time. Worked on a place in Falling Spring last year.

I'm truly blessed to be where I'm at, & I wake up everyday (almost) thankful. Many times out in the woods, or just on a high ridge overlooking a valley, I'll pause & think to myself, no wonder our ancestors loved this place so much. For you, & I... our landscape looks much the same it did, 100 yrs ago, or longer. Should remain relatively the same rest of my days for sure.

I agree with ya that we have a tendency to take it for granted sometimes. Helps to look around, take in the fresh air, & feel alive from time to time.

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My friend and I got a load of Doug Fir firewood today.
View attachment 164693
Coulda fit one more piece right there...[emoji23]
404565fe58601425e2e72da9497a9f85.jpg

deye223

AIR FUEL SPARK VROOOOOM
Local time
7:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What did I do today ........ nothing real special changed my fuel ratio to 32:1 *s-word things are gonna get smoky around here ..... oh well it will keep the mozies away .......

danimal

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What did I do today ........ nothing real special changed my fuel ratio to 32:1 *s-word things are gonna get smoky around here ..... oh well it will keep the mozies away .......
Been running 32-1 for yrs.. tuned saws only smoke b4 they are warmed up.

deye223

AIR FUEL SPARK VROOOOOM
Local time
7:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Been running 32-1 for yrs.. tuned saws only smoke b4 they are warmed up.

Yep that's what i am talking about but even at 40:1 after 3 min idling pick up saw and pow it looks like it's running strait oil just like when you check compression in a car with a small squirt of oil in the cylinder and when you are finished start her up and for about 30 seconds smoke every where .

Bilge Rat

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I got to finish cutting up a 6' dia oak stump for firewood.
My came to me blowd up in a bucket Husky 365 worked out pretty good for stumping.
I ran it 10 days ago on this stump but during a refuel i had a phone call.
My mother had fell and broke her lower leg, she is in rehab/hospital still but doing well.
She should be walking in about 8 weeks. She was working 20 hours a week before this and plans to continue after healing up, she is 82.

Top that with my wifes sister dying from cancer 5 days ago and yesterday her husband also died.

It was nice just to shut off the world with a loud chainsaw for a few minutes.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
4:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I got to finish cutting up a 6' dia oak stump for firewood.
My came to me blowd up in a bucket Husky 365 worked out pretty good for stumping.
I ran it 10 days ago on this stump but during a refuel i had a phone call.
My mother had fell and broke her lower leg, she is in rehab/hospital still but doing well.
She should be walking in about 8 weeks. She was working 20 hours a week before this and plans to continue after healing up, she is 82.

Top that with my wifes sister dying from cancer 5 days ago and yesterday her husband also died.

It was nice just to shut off the world with a loud chainsaw for a few minutes.

Damn man that is one hell of a rough patch. Hopefully its nothing but good times for your family now.

Bilge Rat

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well, my mother/business partner does the books, bills, paperwork for our Drycleaning business.
I handle all the cleaning and machinery use, repair, install.
I hate paperwork.

Mom insists that i bring her all the bills, payroll etc for her to do in the hospital.
Just finding all the crap to bring her is a chore.

My wife is a big help and we are all together working for a common goal and that makes it bearable.

In the morning i just say to myself,
Self, gittin old ain't for sissies.

Drptrch

Coastal Fartknocker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Cleared out the culverts that pass under my driveway before going to work this morning. Big soaker incoming.

Welcome, I’m just up the coast from you toward Bodega from Petaluma

You up in Scott’s valley or Ben Lomond ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk