So does anyone fish or just nah???

Adirondackstihl

Vert Da Furk........Bork Bork Bork
Local time
10:02 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What works below Table Rock dam (Lake Taneycomo/White River) is really mundane.

Scud (fresh water shrimp?) imitation. Size 16-24. Gray or brown depending.
78048fea084b87dd0a3aae91ba5c4d96.jpg

I have to get the son in law to thread on the really small ones. Shaky geezer can't see.

What's the dubbing material Carl? Looks like a muskrat blend?

67L36Driver

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:02 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dunno, we buy 'em at the fly shop down there.

Wading stirs up the gravel bottom and soon you have a bunch of trout lined up picking off tidbits.

Lazy geezer stands upstream from the kid and hooks them out from under his feet.[emoji6]

Adirondackstihl

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Wading stirs up the gravel bottom and soon you have a bunch of trout lined up picking off tidbits.

Lazy geezer stands upstream from the kid and hooks them out from under his feet.[emoji6]

Nymphing.......walk downstream
Dry fishing......walk upstream

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have no polar bear myself, but I find skunk a real close substitute.
Don't have much of that left either, but I should have enough for a couple of those.
I'll post a couple I've had good luck with. You may laugh. I have a tough time following patterns as my supply of material is small. I dye stuff and occasionally find something that works Mainly all teasers. There isn't any fly fishing really done in Delaware. Very little. We have no trout here. They stock some every year but I like catching wild fish Not ones that they throw overboard. I guess maybe a few of the trout they stock live. But they aren't reproducing here

Adirondackstihl

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

This is a great scud.....IMG_8635.JPG

(Not mine)

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
IMG_0095.JPG One is used the other that has the two hooks is what I prefer. Seems to do well for flounder and weakfish. I often put a spinner and several beads in front of that. I'm certainly not a true fly fisherman of any sort. The reason I like the two hooks.
I can use bigger strips of bait like a squid strip and it gives a better action to those teasers.
If you use minnows with this it seems to outcatch the plain bare hooks in shallowish water. Say 40 feet. I put up to 3 minnows on the two hook rig. Especially if the bait is small
I've seen cleaner work but these things only hold up for a single trip or three

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I believe those double hooks were called Ryder or rider hooks by mustad. Anyone know a source for those? I tie a smaller hook to the shank. The front is more of a bait holder than a hook
I make these jigs also. The heads on mine are solid colors though. I don't have an airbrush just yet. I pour the heads. I make all my sinkers and crap too
IMG_0096.JPG I bought this one to study. For some reason I've never fished it. Those cost a good bit of money like 8 bucks on up. When you're fishing in a wreck you are gonna lose a lot. I was losing a ton of jigs buck tails Is how I got interested in it at all.

Adirondackstihl

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I believe those double hooks were called Ryder or rider hooks by mustad. Anyone know a source for those? I tie a smaller hook to the shank. The front is more of a bait holder than a hook
I make these jigs also. The heads on mine are solid colors though. I don't have an airbrush just yet. I pour the heads. I make all my sinkers and crap too
View attachment 65116 I bought this one to study. For some reason I've never fished it. Those cost a good bit of money like 8 bucks on up. When you're fishing in a wreck you are gonna lose a lot. I was losing a ton of jigs buck tails Is how I got interested in it at all.

I tied you a fly tonight

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I like the offset hooks I may try that myself.
How do you come out with that shiny little head. Just head cement or what have you got going on there

Jwalker1911

Super OPE Member
Local time
9:02 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I have no polar bear myself, but I find skunk a real close substitute.
Don't have much of that left either, but I should have enough for a couple of those.
I have a skunk hide that didnt get sold. Stretched and dried,I could cut some hairs for you.

Adirondackstihl

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a skunk hide that didnt get sold. Stretched and dried,I could cut some hairs for you.
How much you want for the pelt?
Once the hair has been removed from the skin, without putting it in a stacker, I really won't be able to use it.