High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Skip vs Full comp vs semi chisel

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
5:40 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Boring I prefer full comp because it's smoother but all the landing saws run full skip semi.

I can't feel much difference in speed between the chisel and semi or full comp and skip. Semi can cut very good too

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
6:40 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I can make semi cut. It's funny people talk safety chain and full chisel... All chain can and will cut well if it can get a bite and is reasonably sharp. Not a fan of extra bumpers on my chain but I score what I can if the price is right

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
5:40 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Timber pulled to the landing in the mud and rock is hard on a chain,404 semi is my choice but if you have 5 saws running you want them to be the same and falling with 404 sucks. Most of it is so aggressive that you have to file a bunch of tooth off to bore a tree with it.

Black Dog Chainsaw

Mak-Crazy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You forgot chipper chain, LOL!!!!
carlton_chipper.JPG

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
My 372 with 24" bar came with full skip on it when I bought it new and I liked it fine. But recently have switched to full comp. I think it has a longer service life, at least that is how it seems to be playing out for me (barring hitting some metal in a tree requiring major cutter reshaping). I haven't noticed any drastic differences in cutting speed and capability, but I haven't taken vids of times cuts either, just a seat of the pants feel. The skip is nicer when it's time to break out the file, other than that, I like both.

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Kind of the way I was seeing it too, but wasn't sure if my assumption was fact based.

So really it comes down to a trade-off between service life and quicker sharpening, when comparing skip and full comp of the same tooth profile anyway...