TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
4:39 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My guess would be a very very poorly dialed in valvetrain. Did it lope and run like a pig's ass blowing smoke? If so, what color smoke is it huffing?

Last edited:

czar800

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
4:39 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was thinking about this thread yesterday because I've got to pull the injection pump off one of my tractor's before planting season.

@Johnmn you get it running?

Johnmn

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:39 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nope not running yet I'm thinking the cam is out of time but the dealer where I bought the engine is talking to the place he gets them from not sure what they are gonna do? The suckiest part of this whole thing is that it's lasted all winter there is only a few weeks of logging left for the season and I'll have done nothing but spend a lot of money

Johnmn

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Talked to the dealer today sound like where they get their engines from are gonna ship me a new one! Boy I hope thats the case this has been super frustrating

dieselfitter

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Have you tried disconnecting everything from the flywheel? I have seen parasitic load prevent an engine from running. I had a customer dead head a hydraulic pump and it caused the same systems you describe. He removed and capped the hydraulic ports to r&r the engine. Never realized that was preventing the engine from running.
Let me know how the new engine works out. I've never seen timing allow an engine to run for 30 seconds and then not run.

Johnmn

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks! Now it's construction season but I might try and drum up some small side clearings this summer to try and replenish my logging account