High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Signs of an air leak on 026 Pro?

SteveinUT

Have gun - will travel
Local time
2:09 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Just bought a fairly nice 026 Pro a week ago and got the first opportunity to really run it, and it is actually running pretty good and it feels like it has great compression by drop testing it with the recoil, but the chain is slow to come to a stop. The saw idles fine once the chain comes to a stop. Doesn't die. Never encountered this before.

I did some googling, but basically came up with a clutch that has worn springs or an air leak. The previous owner said he replaced the fuel lines, carb and oil seals, so I'm assuming he means crank seals. I don't have a pressure/vac test kit, but I'm guessing I will need to buy one. The intake boot looks pretty old, but I haven't pulled it out to check it for cracks or tears. I have no manual for this thing, but it looks like I'll have to pull the tank assembly off to get to it?

Any suggestions on where to start so I'm not throwing parts at this thing or wasting my time? Thanks!

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
4:09 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Try readjusting the carb to the presets of 1 and 1, then adjusting the LA screw. Backing off in the LA screw should get the chain to stop spinning when idling.
If not, change the clutch springs. They are cheap.
Start with the carb first.

SteveinUT

Have gun - will travel
Local time
2:09 PM
User ID
Reaction score
PS: Jon, have you got any bars left that will fit this? I'm thinking 18" .325. Either 50 or 63 groove. It has a pretty roached 3/8 on it now, but I just ordered a .325 rim for it.

P.M.P.

Stiff Member
Local time
4:09 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
*s-word yeah, I already knew I was a dumb ass...
Nah this guys a dumb ass
the_world_really_is_full_of_stupid_people_61.gif