Show us your carnage...

fossil

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@fossil *s-wordfire, I thought that lump on that tank was suspicious! Does it at least run well now, Tim?

It runs very well. Starts easy. The manual oiler works well but the auto oiler is sucking air from some place. The pump is in good shape, the check valve works and new "O" rings on the pump to saw body. I think it may be the line fitting between the tank and the crankcase. I will pull the rear handle and pressure check the line from there.

Everything was covered in oil in the points box. Cleaning that up and setting the points made a big difference. I think someone may have slobbered oil on the felt oiler.

Thanks again for the saw. I had fun swapping the tanks and getting into the saw. Neat little machines and well built.

wcorey

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was told it got backed over and dragged a ways by a car, was nearly brand new, on the first tank of fuel.
I would've felt bad for the kid if he hadn't told me on the phone it was a running saw that 'needed a few parts...' lol...

IMG_3147.JPG

nenicu

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
11:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My Shindaiwa 490[488 with new covers] had similar problem. one side of the piston was in pieces[intake side skirt]. The jug was ok.

nenicu

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
11:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A new aftermarket piston was touching the crank lobes. A little file time and it works. So if you go aftermarket be careful.