USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
11:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
my old relic but it can handle anything i throw at it.
simpson 260 from the early 60's
View attachment 49683
Fine meter...can't go wrong with a Simpson analog.

A shot of mine in the shop...everyone dead nuts reliable, been that way for many, many yrs. Use Flukes at work for avionics/electrical on C-17's.
IMG_2138.JPG

bigbadbob

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Well everything except the kitchen sink here!! I love meters, this is my home stuff and have about the same at the cabin.
I collect them from wherever, the best one was the fluke, estate sale lady said it doesnt work, how much then .50 cents needed a battery and leads . I have a meter in each auto to and my ATV.meters.jpg
BBB

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well everything except the kitchen sink here!! I love meters, this is my home stuff and have about the same at the cabin.
I collect them from wherever, the best one was the fluke, estate sale lady said it doesnt work, how much then .50 cents needed a battery and leads . I have a meter in each auto to and my ATV.View attachment 49811
BBB
Perfect...nice!!

bigbadbob

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
In my photo the triplett 310c (meter RHS) has been mine for over 40 years, found it the base of a pole I was about to climb,, nobody at work claimed it.
So had it since,,,
BBB

Keep the pics coming, when I go to the cabin will get a shot of those.
Jake we had a ton of Simpson meters at the phone co in the central office.
probably the best you could get way back in the analogue days.

jake wells

no longer here
Local time
10:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
In my photo the triplett 310c (meter RHS) has been mine for over 40 years, found it the base of a pole I was about to climb,, nobody at work claimed it.
So had it since,,,
BBB

Keep the pics coming, when I go to the cabin will get a shot of those.
Jake we had a ton of Simpson meters at the phone co in the central office.
probably the best you could get way back in the analogue days.
simpson still makes the same units to this day they around 300.00
i ordered a replacement circuit board for mine a few years back and replaced it since it was half dead when i got it.

bigbadbob

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
simpson still makes the same units to this day they around 300.00
i ordered a replacement circuit board for mine a few years back and replaced it since it was half dead when i got it.

Wow I would have thought analogue meters were a dying thing!! Been a good meter but one of the ac functions is not right never has been. Lots of people dont understand why I have analogue and digital meters. They both have their place. When the phone co went digital , we begged and got to keep out old manual test board,, was so good trouble shooting bad cable pairs,.I have some of the meters from our old power room around somewhere,,,,,they are 6 inchers.
BBB

jake wells

no longer here
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Wow I would have thought analogue meters were a dying thing!! Been a good meter but one of the ac functions is not right never has been. Lots of people dont understand why I have analogue and digital meters. They both have their place. When the phone co went digital , we begged and got to keep out old manual test board,, was so good trouble shooting bad cable pairs,.I have some of the meters from our old power room around somewhere,,,,,they are 6 inchers.
BBB
i got a old western electric and a eico brand VVOM meters that came from my dads work he is service tech/ line man for the local telephone co-op.

bigbadbob

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
So I left the central office to being a line man,, we had to install a lot of the grounds for standalone stuff you see on the side of the road,,look like small to large fridge,, well the guys had been checking the grounds with a special meter,,logging the results,,, been doing it for a few years.
So one day I am observing the senior guy taking a measurement,, so he has the meter out and and doing his test, the display is flashing,, he records whats flashing,,WTF,, I say that aint right shouldnt be flashing display,, so I take the meter and read the instructions,, flashing means over range!! The meter even came with a test loop. Once I showed him he didnt know what to say,,,
I wonder how many of the boxes had poor grounds, we live in a very dry area,, man to get a good ground after that was a nightmare!!! Not much said,, I wasnt popular being junior guy,,,

Reactions: DSS

amberg

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Couple of mine, Not a fluke but they work pretty good for what I use them for. Couple battery chargers there that I really like, Using one tonight to charge trail cam batteries.

Attachments

• 100_1140.JPG
    100_1140.JPG
    189.5 KB · Views: 15

AVB

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My last meter was a Wavetek that I had for 20+ yrs that finally just wore out. Currently use a Tenma dvmm with small current clamp for checking starter amp draw. I keep an analog around for hunting intermittent shorts as can the meter movement that digital one can't respond quickly to.

I got a 40+ old battery charger that still out perform most of today's automatic chargers. I had to replace the clamps a few year ago as simply worn out from use. My back 12v battery charger is a 60w solar panel that was given to me. Actually work betters at times then the old charger especially on severely discharged batteries.

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
ad4ed8092cdd57352cc513adb89e9e2f.jpg

Heres my multimeters. The fluke was my dads.

Sent from my SM-J320W8 using Tapatalk

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Had a Simpson like Jake's, but it went up in smoke one day. Been getting by with this little one. Will have to get another Simpson some day, they really are a good meter

IMG_20170120_060823867.jpg