High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Show Off your Woodstove Pics required

Locust Cutter

Air Force Redneck
Local time
3:52 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Looks like another Jotul though I'm not positive... Don?

Four Paws

Chrome won't get you home
Local time
2:52 PM
User ID
Reaction score
@sunfish what stove is picture #1? I like the glass door!

Locust Cutter

Air Force Redneck
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
View attachment 6426

One of the catahoula sisters snuggling up the new puppy this morning. The stove is a kuma country classic.
We have a female *claimed* Catahoula/Blue Heeler mix... I wasn't sure abut the Catahoula part until now... But the dogs are normally sleeping around the stove in the Winter like a doggy Jones-town similar to yours...

sunfish

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

darkimpulse

Firewood Hack
Local time
5:52 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Gonna give this old stove a face lift and install it in my shop this summer. I'm not sure what make it is (haven't looked). I really need some heat in the shop. Seems like I'm in the shop more in the winter then in the summer.View attachment 4538

Pretty sure I have the same stove. I have been told it's a Century S130. I will post a picture of it later when I find the camera.

Locust Cutter

Air Force Redneck
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
What type is that S.S. and how long of a stick will it take?

Locust Cutter

Air Force Redneck
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I like your hearth installation Deererainman, that's sharp!

Deererainman

Firewood Hack
GoldMember
Local time
4:52 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I like your hearth installation Deererainman, that's sharp!
Thanks. I was thinking brick and the wife was thinking stone. "Happy Wife/Happy Life"...

The downstairs is still a work in progress, but we've enjoyed not turning on our electric heat on the past two seasons.

Locust Cutter

Air Force Redneck
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Look at Woodstock Soapstone, Vermont Castings, Jotul, Buck stoves and Ashley. They are probably the best 5 brands going. I have a Pacific Energy T-6 which for a non-cat stove is pretty decent, but there are better brands for the money with regards to durability and ROI. Personally I'm a bigger fan of Jotul and Woodstck, but the others are darn good units and I would buy selected models of each before buying another P.E. stove. The P.E. stoves don't hold seals very well and don't deal w/dense wood (Hedge/Locust) very well as the airflow to the fire is a bit lacking. With softer wood, they work very well and either way, burning wood variety as my Dad who uses an insert with a blower around the box, I burn around 1/6-1/8 of the wood that he does for the same heat and have slow lazy flames which are mesmerizing to a lot of folks (myself included).

Deererainman

Firewood Hack
GoldMember
Local time
4:52 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey guys needing some suggestions on a wood burning stove/heater. We moved from a house that had a fire place and the family I miss it. I'm looking for something we can see the flames through the front glass kinda like a fire place. Needs to seals well so we dont have a house smelling like my bbq pit. Space is an issue too, kinda limited. What brands would yall suggest I start looking at? Is there a website that specializes in nothing but wood burning stoves/heaters. Whats the best brand for the money? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks

I'm using a Jotul F500 Oslo. It's a non-cat model. My chimney is around 30ft tall and draws really well. I have little to no smoke back-up. That's the key to keeping the smoke down.

Locust Cutter

Air Force Redneck
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Boomhower,
Keep in mind though that all of the new-style airtight stove absolutely need dry wood. The old style stove will burn damn near anything (while smoking a little to a lot) but can burn VERY damp wood. The newer stoves need less than 22% moisture to work worth a darn. They smoke a when loading but nearly none to none visible when up to temp and the logs fully burning. My flue lasts for 2-3 seasons between cleanings and at that, the average "removal" is about a Copenhagen can worth of dust/crap. They can be overly sensitive to strong winds (often present in KS) as draft fluctuations affect them more than the older style units due to the lower airflow they utilize for clean burns. Just my observations over 20 years of active interest in burning old and new style units across several brands.