High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Show off your splitter

B

Backyard Lumberjack

Plus a lotta cash!

I don't think Alex would build me that same thing for the same cost this time. Long story short, I contacted him about building me one, but he was too busy. I ended up getting something else, and well wasn't happy with it. Sold it back to the builder, and had Alex build me this one. I'm pretty happy with it, as it just works (my previous one I had problems with, and some serious engineering flaws).

nice looking splitter... 'stands tall! '

>as it just works

looks like as in work all day no probs....

how many hp is engine?

B

Backyard Lumberjack

Ayuh,.... This is a preliminary mock-up of the splitter I'm throwin' together,.....

100_5323.jpg

More to come,....

I see some thick steel plate in there... hope u put up more pix as u progress... what will it be 25-T?... I mean in weight... lol ;) j/k I cant really orient a splitter yet from ur prelim mock-up?...

B

Backyard Lumberjack

View attachment 4252 View attachment 4253 View attachment 4254 Just got this on a trade. Rollers on pusher, 4 way wedge, beam is plated on both sides with 1/2'' , runs and works. Also has a brand new spare tire mounted underneath! Someone spent a lot of time building this.

HD all the way... do my eyes see right? it's sitting in ground up to axel? or just leaves? boy, nice and HD all the way... I always keep my I-beam and ram slider oiled... lets ram head move nicer down the beam... even the wood at times and wedge if tuff ol knot... ;) type: 80-wgt gear oil... keep a can and brush by my ops center as I split... changed the mood every time I need it... not often, but sometimes just what the ol doc called for.... ;)

SixGun

Super OPE Member
Local time
11:50 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
HD all the way... do my eyes see right? it's sitting in ground up to axel? or just leaves? boy, nice and HD all the way... I always keep my I-beam and ram slider oiled... lets ram head move nicer down the beam... even the wood at times and wedge if tuff ol knot... ;) type: 80-wgt gear oil... keep a can and brush by my ops center as I split... changed the mood every time I need it... not often, but sometimes just what the ol doc called for.... ;)
Yeah she's super HD and almost sunk to the axle. I have to pull it out this spring and start cleaning it up.
Good idea with the oil and brush, thats the problem area on most splitters.

Grimmy

Super OPE Member
Local time
10:50 AM
User ID
Reaction score
nice looking splitter... 'stands tall! '

>as it just works

looks like as in work all day no probs....

how many hp is engine?
21-22 is the spec on it from Honda's site. It's a Honda GX630 engine. She is a thirsty one though, but it does purr nicely.

Grimmy

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I need to go pick my 6 way up. I cut some stuff to get some gas ran through my 661c and it's 6 way material.

srb08

Doesn't play well with others
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here's my little 34 ton Brave.
It's not the fastest but it beats swinging an Axe or Maul.
I bought it used and it's served me well.
When it dies, I'll probably replace it with a SS HD.
image.jpg

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here's my little 34 ton Brave. It's not the fastest, but it beats swinging an ax or maul. I bought it used and it's served me well. When it dies, I'll probably replace it with a SS HD.
View attachment 39615
I rebuilt a 24-ton Brave this past spring with a new engine, new hoses, new fluid, and two new tires that I will probably never use. I find it best to bring the wood to the splitter. I may eventually install a 13 gpm pump to speed it up a twinge. It seldom bogs down.

94BULLITT

Super OPE Member
Local time
11:50 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I rebuilt a 24-ton Brave this past spring with a new engine, new hoses, new fluid, and two new tires that I will probably never use. I find it best to bring the wood to the splitter. I may eventually install a 13 gpm pump to speed it up a twinge. It seldom bogs down.

Adjust the unloading valve on the pump to make it stay in the low pressure side longer.