They’re Just Saws
Local time
4:31 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I need to get a bottle.

And a *s-word load of sanding drums for my dremel
I need a bottle too. But even with a bottle it’s all about taking your time welding a deflector on. Concentrate the heat on the deflector not the muffler. The muffler will blow out fast if you’re on the trigger more than a couple seconds, even faster on a well used muffler that’s been softened by all the heat cycles.

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's still not easy with a bottle, machine has to be on the cold side. Which makes the weld a little lumpy.
Yes sir it does. But lumpy is better than flux splatter. Can’t complain too much, it gets the job done, there’s just always better ways to do said job.

Scotty Overkill

Serial Tree Killer
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Found two other pics of that 041 muffler from when I built it.....

I used my little 110v MIG for this build, argon shielded w/ .030 wire, turned way down. Made a whole new outer cover for the mufiler and had to take my time so as not to disturb the original braze welds.

20170516_192653.jpg

20170516_194911.jpg

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
3:31 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I need a bottle too. But even with a bottle it’s all about taking your time welding a deflector on. Concentrate the heat on the deflector not the muffler. The muffler will blow out fast if you’re on the trigger more than a couple seconds, even faster on a well used muffler that’s been softened by all the heat cycles.

I'm sure my first few welded one will be comical for sure.

Sty57

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I had a bottle one time.........worked ok....

76f9348f5ba6652c6f1ceb94f90cd2fb.jpg

Mkinslow

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks fellas, I enjoy tinkering. Gonna get more into doing stuff like this and such for others once I get my permanent shop set up. Hoping to build that new shop this summer, but I WILL have my forge set up in the old shop next month.
What kind of forge you got bud. You doing knives or just general blacksmith stuff

Scotty Overkill

Serial Tree Killer
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What kind of forge you got bud. You doing knives or just general blacksmith stuff
Forgot to answer the rest of your question, I tinker around making knives, restoring antiques, etc. I like to mess with colonial-era stuff, I've restored quite a few colonial items. Just hobbying with it. I got too many irons in the fire....literally....lol

Many likes and hobbies and not nearly enough time or $$$ to do them....