SHOW ME YOUR AXES

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:37 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
QUOTE="XP_Slinger, post: 560729, member: 845"]I did a little research and there are many oils that can be used. I’m using Tung oil at the moment, seems to work good.[/QUOTE]
Troof. I used olive oil on a handle recently and it did great. I would not use petroleum based stuff as it would not be nice on hands. But keep coating handle until it stops sucking up the oil. A quick sanding and oiling makes many old sun damaged handles feel so much better in the hand and look really nice. Don't forget the ends of the handle, both. Water is what we don't want coming in.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
12:37 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lol. Teak wood is some awesome wood. I bet most all the oils pretty much do the same thing. Bring out the grains and preserve and seal the wood. Most all the oils say preservative and conditioner. I was comparing Watco's Tung, Danish and Teak oils. Tung was the most expensive.

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lol. Teak wood is some awesome wood. I bet most all the oils pretty much do the same thing. Bring out the grains and preserve and seal the wood. Most all the oils say preservative and conditioner. I was comparing Watco's Tung, Danish and Teak oils. Tung was the most expensive.
Yeah tung oil isn’t cheap but I’ve got enough to last me 15 years so I’ll probably just stick with it until I run out or I’m dead lol

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Got these from a friend today, in exchange for making a sledge handle. No obvious Maker’s marks, one has “Trojan” near the poll. They’re soaking now, maybe some other marks will reveal themselves. I like the size of them, perfect for a camp axe or wedge driver.
4A759044-7D13-495B-A847-823CC527A2A3.jpeg

leadfarmer

Hot Rod !!!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Anyone know anything about Trojan axes? What little I’ve found on the web reveals it to be a quality Australian ax but thats all I’ve come up with.
I heard there not much account. P.m for addy, I'll cover shipping [emoji38]

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Anyone here have one? They are nice, real nice, but even more expensive then Gransfors Bruk.
Kid is only 21. Very talented blacksmith. Can't keep up with the orders. Moving to a new facility.
Says taking orders again in spring 2018.