SHOW ME YOUR AXES

Czed

Aluminium Member
Local time
8:15 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Talked to the blacksmith he's going to try to make my jersy head design.
I'm giving him a broken
Usa made maul head for the steel .
I will post pics if he can get it made.
It will look much 20170527_134702.jpg like this.

p61 western

Ol Mudflap
GoldMember
Local time
5:15 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Talked to the blacksmith he's going to try to make my jersy head design.
I'm giving him a broken
Usa made maul head for the steel .
I will post pics if he can get it made.
It will look much View attachment 73858 like this.
Are you going to give that one the vinegar treatment and use it Dave?

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
7:15 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you guy's get a chance post some profile and top pics of the different
Vintage axes brands or profiles you are after.
I know most of kelly/true temper
But there is many that i have no
Experience with.
I will see if i can find any.

If you happen to come across a (narrow) Wisconsin pattern head I would be interested.

Czed

Aluminium Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Are you going to give that one the vinegar treatment and use it Dave?
Not mine he kept that one.
When he feels better he is going to dig through his enormous pile of
Kelly's lol
He's a hoarder but sometimes i get stuff off him.
He has a very nice keen cutter single bit I've been trying to get.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well it took all morning, but I finally found my axe. It ended up under an old log laying on the ground directly under the stump. I had leaned it on the tree right next to where I was felling, so it would be handy when and if I needed to pound a wedge.(normal) Well between cutting the brush and shrubbery and cutting the felling notch I somehow must have kicked it under that log and then proceeded to cover it up with the said shrubbery greens and sawdust from the saw. So when I turned to grab it after placing the wedge it wasn't there. So I was standing there having just poked around with the magnet wondering how in the world this thing could disappear, when I happened to get just a little glimpse of the handle. So I poked a little more sure enough, it was under there like it was being hid by the Easter Bunny. Or...Gunther put it there, if he did, he ain't saying, all he would say was he wasn't a rat and GFY. So I had to give him props for that...speaking of, thanks to @RI Chevy for the magnet idea, while it didn't click to the head, it did expose it just enough to be seen. It was a little damp, I cleaned the head and oiled it, after it dries I might get the red paint out, as much as I hate to do it. Thank you all for your support. SS

leadfarmer

Hot Rod !!!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well it took all morning, but I finally found my axe. It ended up under an old log laying on the ground directly under the stump. I had leaned it on the tree right next to where I was felling, so it would be handy when and if I needed to pound a wedge.(normal) Well between cutting the brush and shrubbery and cutting the felling notch I somehow must have kicked it under that log and then proceeded to cover it up with the said shrubbery greens and sawdust from the saw. So when I turned to grab it after placing the wedge it wasn't there. So I was standing there having just poked around with the magnet wondering how in the world this thing could disappear, when I happened to get just a little glimpse of the handle. So I poked a little more sure enough, it was under there like it was being hid by the Easter Bunny. Or...Gunther put it there, if he did, he ain't saying, all he would say was he wasn't a rat and GFY. So I had to give him props for that...speaking of, thanks to @RI Chevy for the magnet idea, while it didn't click to the head, it did expose it just enough to be seen. It was a little damp, I cleaned the head and oiled it, after it dries I might get the red paint out, as much as I hate to do it. Thank you all for your support. SS
I told you to look under the log ya big dummy[emoji39] man don't paint that pretty axe, try putting a piece of orange rope through handle hole or somethins of that nature

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I told you to look under the log ya big dummy[emoji39] man don't paint that pretty axe, try putting a piece of orange rope through handle hole or somethins of that nature

Wasn't the log I was working on, which I did roll and look under. Still a big dummy for loosing it. I'll consider your rope trick.

leadfarmer

Hot Rod !!!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
He wouldn't price it so i don't know if he can make it or not lol
I hope so i love the way my old Kelly's splits.
And a heavier head would help.
View attachment 73924
Would you quit posting pictures of that dagum jersey axe, your gonna make me spend some mooney

Czed

Aluminium Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Would you quit posting pictures of that dagum jersey axe, your gonna make me spend some mooney

I didn't take pics of the ones the guys won't sell ot trade and there is many lol.
New condition many of them i only get the used one's which i prefer
They cut better for me.