P1030337.JPG

Catman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:57 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You should be in the automotive world. It gets really dumb there.
Just yesterday, I got handed a work order for a 2018 truck that said "Customer states his truck is geared too low."
Yeah, so, you want me to order gears or sell him a different truck??
Had another a while back that they cannot get in local radio stations (local meaning here) when they are 75-100 miles away...
That work order is so Ridiculous, that it is HILARIOUS!

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
2:57 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lol. I have burned up a chain break...not near as bad as many I’ve seen, though. 455 rancher...was using it to flush cut a couple small stumps. At some point, I hit the brake, and couldn’t figure out why the exhaust was burning a hole in the hand guard. Lol. Brake didn’t work so well after that.

That heat can really cause some issues on saws with plastic crankcases. I've seen it destroy the case and ruin the saw. I get that some people become frustrated with things they don't understand, but you really have to hold the trigger for a long time to do some of the damage we see. Frozen up snow blowers are another one. I mean when you smell something burning, maybe it's time to stop.

P.M.P.

Stiff Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dangit these boards are too shawt. Anybody done got ayy board stretchuurr ay can use? Do they rent them there board stretchers at the lumbuurr yard...
images

Frank bierce

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That heat can really cause some issues on saws with plastic crankcases. I've seen it destroy the case and ruin the saw. I get that some people become frustrated with things they don't understand, but you really have to hold the trigger for a long time to do some of the damage we see. Frozen up snow blowers are another one. I mean when you smell something burning, maybe it's time to stop.

I’m sure lots of people just hold the trigger in pure frustration. Just like a car...if it’s running like poo....push the gas harder..supposed to Make it run better, right? Lol

Bigmac

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am going to have a hard time not calling them shark fins now.

I can only imagine all of the guys from the rental places see, distruction to parts swapping..,like back with Hurts rent a racer mustangs, people rent and then swap motors!!

I build a lot of atv and dirt bike motors for local people...well I build banshee with a 4mill stoker and dune port, the guy was happy with it an rode it for several year...got into some financial trouble and sold it...next owner calls me up as says you build this motor wrong and it blew up, you need to fix it for free....excuses me! Well I calmly talked to him for a bit(he said it blew up fist ride just out of the parking lot) I told him it sounds like you straight gassed it. I said are you sure you now how to mix gas? He angrily responded, I have mixed and ran five tanks though the bike!!! Ohh I see...so not the first tank, plus I build the motor for someone else and he rode it for two years. He straight gassed it for sure, plus he was an idiot and when he took the top end off to show me, left antifreeze in the crankcase for three months and it looked up the crank!!!!

Frank bierce

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am going to have a hard time not calling them shark fins now.

I can only imagine all of the guys from the rental places see, distruction to parts swapping..,like back with Hurts rent a racer mustangs, people rent and then swap motors!!

I build a lot of atv and dirt bike motors for local people...well I build banshee with a 4mill stoker and dune port, the guy was happy with it an rode it for several year...got into some financial trouble and sold it...next owner calls me up as says you build this motor wrong and it blew up, you need to fix it for free....excuses me! Well I calmly talked to him for a bit(he said it blew up fist ride just out of the parking lot) I told him it sounds like you straight gassed it. I said are you sure you now how to mix gas? He angrily responded, I have mixed and ran five tanks though the bike!!! Ohh I see...so not the first tank, plus I build the motor for someone else and he rode it for two years. He straight gassed it for sure, plus he was an idiot and when he took the top end off to show me, left antifreeze in the crankcase for three months and it looked up the crank!!!!

I used to ride the dunes a lot..and always rode Banshees....was in the process of new powder and chrome when I went through a split with my ex...lost it all :(. Lol.
Had a well built 4mil cub ported by Dan Hull @A&S racing. Miss it sometimes..was just another money pit, though.

Bigmac

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I used to ride the dunes a lot..and always rode Banshees....was in the process of new powder and chrome when I went through a split with my ex...lost it all :(. Lol.
Had a well built 4mil cub ported by Dan Hull @A&S racing. Miss it sometimes..was just another money pit, though.
That suck man! They are fun thou! Ya you can dump a lot of money in them! Dan is a good builder! I have a 7mill cub, that I never ride, it is set up for alcohol and had an override trans +14 swingarm and 25” ultralights...but I love 250r’s279E3E8A-0E14-4848-9DC0-73773CA54731.jpeg

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Awful lot of customers bringing in something for repair begin with: "I let somebody borrow this................."
Lol...the $64 million dollar question has been answered with your statement right there...!

Frank bierce

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That suck man! They are fun thou! Ya you can dump a lot of money in them! Dan is a good builder! I have a 7mill cub, that I never ride, it is set up for alcohol and had an override trans +14 swingarm and 25” ultralights...but I love 250r’sView attachment 124479
250r has always been a legendary bike!! At some point, I’d like to get another banshee...it’s crazy how much the price dropped on built ones. When I built mine, I probably could have gotten $7500-8000...I bet the same build would get me about $4500 or so now. Lol.

Frank bierce

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That suck man! They are fun thou! Ya you can dump a lot of money in them! Dan is a good builder! I have a 7mill cub, that I never ride, it is set up for alcohol and had an override trans +14 swingarm and 25” ultralights...but I love 250r’sView attachment 124479

I think I was more into riding, than taking photos at the time..lol. I have next to zero pics of my bike...

Lots of stuff changed after this photo...tires, pipes, other look good goodies...
B3F8A224-14E5-4035-8793-67FBEA6D203F.jpeg
This is a pic when I was building..stock cylinder at this point..cub came about a year later. Did all of my own polishing.
2D69EC60-2239-4D27-8E0C-63EC1F2C0DEF.jpeg

cgraham1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m sure lots of people just hold the trigger in pure frustration. Just like a car...if it’s running like poo....push the gas harder..supposed to Make it run better, right? Lol
Was working at a house the other day when a guy pulls up across the road in an old VW. I could hear the thing coughing and sputtering all the way up the road. He pulls up in front of his garage, sits there revs it up for about fifteen minutes, then takes off down the road, still running like dogshit... I’m not sure what he thought revving it up was doing, but it didn’t help one bit. Wasted a bunch of fuel though.

Bigmac

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think I was more into riding, than taking photos at the time..lol. I have next to zero pics of my bike...

Lots of stuff changed after this photo...tires, pipes, other look good goodies...
View attachment 124482
This is a pic when I was building..stock cylinder at this point..cub came about a year later. Did all of my own polishing.
View attachment 124483
Nice looking bike, I totally understand the riding and not taking pictures, I didn’t have a smart phone for years, so I didn’t take a lot of pictures back in the day. My banshee is my fist bike, bought it new in 96 when I was 19, my dad said if you want to ride...work for it! I have done full biulds on that same banshee three times! I can’t believe I have had it 22 years!!!