Shark Fins

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:55 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Those guys just stopped back in believe it or not. Picked up another gallon of bar oil. Thanked me for spending some time with them when they picked up the saw. I had take 15 minutes to give them the basics cause I was afraid to give them back the saw. LOL

wcorey

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Some places do carry that "customer's always right" thinking to absurd extremes. That attitude feeds the customer's ignorance instead of educating them on how the vehicle actually works. There's this thing called reality..............

Home Depot used to have a 'no fault' type return policy.

Was behind a woman at the customer service counter trying to exchange a broken craftsman ratchet. The guy patiently explained that it was not a brand they ever sold and that Sears happened to be right across the parking lot.
She wasn't having any of it and was still indignant when he handed her a husky ratchet and ranting that they were screwing her with an inferior replacement tool.

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
11:55 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Home Depot used to have a 'no fault' type return policy.

Was behind a woman at the customer service counter trying to exchange a broken craftsman ratchet. The guy patiently explained that it was not a brand they ever sold and that Sears happened to be right across the parking lot.
She wasn't having any of it and was still indignant when he handed her a husky ratchet and ranting that they were screwing her with an inferior replacement tool.

That's awesome.

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
11:55 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Store is unreal busy and haven't had time to visit with all my friends here. And apologies if I'm not responding to PM's all that fast. But some of this insanity needs to be shared, so I thought I'd kick off the weekend's entertainment.
Good to hear that you are busy.

(These types of customers will keep you that way).

Philbert

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think a lot of owners are too chicken to fess up to their mistakes. Lol

"borrowed" with a pissed look on their face and it's usually legit. What you're talking about is usually something like "My son used it". :) Been doing this long enough to notice those subtle dfferences.

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good to hear that you are busy.

(These types of customers will keep you that way).

Philbert

They're really not bad guys; just zero experience, which can get dangerous. Not knowing the difference between the oil pump and the tensioner and having the chain on backwards are signs that something bad is likely to happen.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
"borrowed" with a pissed look on their face and it's usually legit. What you're talking about is usually something like "My son used it". :) Been doing this long enough to notice those subtle dfferences.
Same here
Guy's i know who would never loan out their saw's brushcutters etc.
Bring them in *b-wording about so and so
Lot's of straight gas and fried chainbrakes
But way too proud to admit it lol

Frank bierce

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
9:55 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lol. I have burned up a chain break...not near as bad as many I’ve seen, though. 455 rancher...was using it to flush cut a couple small stumps. At some point, I hit the brake, and couldn’t figure out why the exhaust was burning a hole in the hand guard. Lol. Brake didn’t work so well after that.