Shake down for a cause

Stevetheboatguy

mountain dew and ibuprofen please
Local time
9:38 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So I'm going to go way out on a limb here. Definitely not trying to pull anything away from Scott or Dan. Hope it doesn't come across like that.

What I want to avoid is any political, race, religion arguments in this thread period. This is strictly for charity.

The who. www.freeportpregnancycenter.org
The what www.fpcwalkforlife.com

What's going on and a little bit about them.

The center is a small group of people who help women that are pregnant. Many of them come from horrible situations. Victims of abuse, rape ect ect. The ladies of the center offer assistance and guidance to anyone that needs it. Regardless of religion, color, social background. Truly a open door no pressure environment. They have partnered with other local charities and do anything they can to help the girls and women that come to them get the care they need or help them find a safe place if needed.

What's going on is on the 21st of September. They are having their annual walk for life fund raiser. I have participated the last four year's or so. But this year it's carring a little more weight for me. September 21st is my oldest daughters 5th birthday and my wife is also pregnant. So this year it hits a little closer to home. Last year while I was playing a game of ring toss with my kids. Didn't think much of it but another little girl probably 5-6 came over and played the game with us. About a half hour later they were having a little share time and different experiences from people. Turns out the little girl's mother was someone who wanted to share. She was told by her doctors that here baby wasn't normal and had a zero or near zero expectancy to live and they recommended it be terminated. She was in a bad mental state and having all sorts of bad thoughts and somehow through the support of the ladies of the fpc she went through with the pregnancy. She had a perfectly healthy baby girl. The same girl that I had just played a game of ring toss with. I still feel overwhelmed when I think about it. Every situation is different from the next but my hats go off to the ladies that volunteer to help talk to and support the girls and women that seek help regardless of the path they choose.

What I'm asking for is anything you can contribute. Send it directly to them. If you wanted you can contribute in my wifes name if you wish to remain anonymous. Or you can pledge in her name for the walk. Ms.Stevetheboatguy hahaha no no no it's Margaret Linn.

Edit: just found a direct link to donate. http://www.fundeasy.com/m/4541876/

Thank you guys for taking the time to read this. Don't feel obligated but I felt a need to try and help them further. They are donor and volunteer run non profit.

Steven

Last edited:

Stevetheboatguy

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I kicked this one off to start. If you click the second link. You can scroll down to support a walker and click on her name. I'm working on getting a picture up but I don't have her blessing for that so....... I might have to use my avatar from here.

Steven

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good stuff Steve. Like you....I don't want to see this become political or anything like that. Just humans helping other humans. I like that.

So....if y'all wanna help great. Please....help.

But if in your mind you wanna get on some tangent about this.. don't.

Just scroll on.

Stevetheboatguy

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
:embarazada:bump.

Getting our rear end kicked by a 15yo girl on this. Hoping the checks and cash donations will catch us up. 1 day left.

Steven

Last edited:

Stevetheboatguy

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Last day bump/push. Been a lean year this go around.

Edit: last count from cash and checks puts us at $700 raised by my wife and I. If anyone wants in but doesn't want to pay by credit card. Shoot me a pm and I'll get you setup with my paypal. Thank you.

Steven

Last edited: