High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Seconds from disaster..... Poulan 335 edition

astnmacgto

Earn a living with white powdery substances
Local time
5:13 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Well, for those of you that don't know I love building this series of poulan. I think I currently have 9 of them. This 335 was my newest addition and free from a church member who just stopped using it, not because there was anything wrong with it.

This saw is super good condition with low hours. I start tearing it apart to clean it up and tune it up. I find the crank has excessive end play. Pull the fly wheel to find this crank seal.

The bearings had come loose on the crank and was drawing the flywheel into the crank seal. So I split the case and by that I mean I pulled it apart with my fingers.....

Unbelievably the piston is not scored at all, it's just stained from use. Needless to say it's getting a full rebuild....

20170811_183313.jpg 20170811_183318.jpg 20170811_183324.jpg

Terry Syd

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
At least it hasn't been sucking in dirt. When you find a piston that is spotless of carbon build up, that means there was something in the cylinder to 'polish' off the carbon. A street bike usually has fairly dirty pistons with carbon built up, but a dirt bike can have wonderfully clean aluminum pistons.