SDM4- Guide rails wanted

NWWrench

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:44 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am in the process of repairing a SDM4 I picked up and I would love to find a set of good guide rails for both sides. I have tried Madsens and they do not have any, I know it is a long shot but thought I would check the web.
Thanks Ryan.

srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
8:44 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Can you just dress the tops or are they too far gone?

I can probably make some but I'd need a set to copy.

NWWrench

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Morning Shaun !
I would be glad to send the rails off mine for a template if that works. I will take a picture of the rails when I get back home. The rails on my grinder are worn and very sloppy, I have been spoiled with my RS2 up-grade I purchased from you, huge difference from my original rails.

Shoot me a pm on a price , I would be interested in a couple sets if you do end up making some, there is quite a few grinders out West still in operation.
Thanks Ryan

srcarr52

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Morning Shaun !
I would be glad to send the rails off mine for a template if that works. I will take a picture of the rails when I get back home. The rails on my grinder are worn and very sloppy, I have been spoiled with my RS2 up-grade I purchased from you, huge difference from my original rails.

Shoot me a pm on a price , I would be interested in a couple sets if you do end up making some, there is quite a few grinders out West still in operation.
Thanks Ryan

PM sent.

I’m glad you are liking the RSII slide kit.

NWWrench

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here is a couple pictures Shaun.
Yes, very nice improvement to the RS2.
Ryan.20190910_051659.jpg 20190910_051708.jpg

srcarr52

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So basically you need me to recreate the two tables? Looks like if you dress those burrs down the chain might start to get into the block.

NWWrench

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I will unbolt a rail tonight and see if there is any adjustment. I think grinding it down to get the rails squared up might get it to low on the block if that makes sense. I am new to the SDM4 grinders, they are different for sure but the people that have them really like them.
Once I get a rail unbolted i will take some pictures so we are on the same page.
Thanks Ryan

srcarr52

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I will unbolt a rail tonight and see if there is any adjustment. I think grinding it down to get the rails squared up might get it to low on the block if that makes sense. I am new to the SDM4 grinders, they are different for sure but the people that have them really like them.
Once I get a rail unbolted i will take some pictures so we are on the same page.
Thanks Ryan

The top of the rail looks fine in the pictures... it's just the corners with heavy burrs.

NWWrench

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Shaun,
Correct on the rails, top is fine but it was hanging up on the corners, I have attached some pictures and here is the dimensions. 2.25" x 7" x .25" thick.
I could drill and tap the holes to save on costs? let me know if you would like me to send you a rail..Thanks Ryan.IMG_1510.JPG IMG_1511.JPG

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Shaun,
Correct on the rails, top is fine but it was hanging up on the corners, I have attached some pictures and here is the dimensions. 2.25" x 7" x .25" thick.
I could drill and tap the holes to save on costs? let me know if you would like me to send you a rail..Thanks Ryan.View attachment 198751 View attachment 198752
Swap position on the rails to get more run time on the opposite face if you need to run it right this moment.

Edit: My bad if it is one piece.

srcarr52

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Shaun,
I could drill and tap the holes to save on costs? let me know if you would like me to send you a rail..Thanks Ryan.View attachment 198751 View attachment 198752

I'll CNC the profile and groove so I might as well shoot the holes at the same time. I think I'll have to make a custom vise to hold it.