Scored A Desert Ego .50AE

Nitroman

Super OPE Member
Local time
2:02 PM
User ID
Reaction score
WOOOO-HHHHOOOOOO!!!

I just got back from running down the river and squeezing off a magazine of Speer 300gr Gold Dot. I chose a remote section of the trail and fired into the ice under a large overhanging piece.

Impression: serious muscle. The pistol is controllable and does not have a violent muzzle flip like I thought it would have. It does have a punch to the web between the thumb and the palm. I can shoot a couple hundred .45acp no problem on a really fun day, but the .50AE, maybe my limit will be around 50 rounds. If I had a .44 barrel on it, it would be a joy to shoot. I think I may check into a barrel and some magazines in the coming months.

I have a Diamond D Custom Leather chest rig with flap and magazine pouch on the flap. This will be my woods rig when I am out cutting.

This is a real fun pistol. I'd recommend one to anybody who wants the biggest bang in a semi-auto. Eight round of 300gr at 1500fps should do the trick.

sawfun

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
3:02 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
WOOOO-HHHHOOOOOO!!!

I just got back from running down the river and squeezing off a magazine of Speer 300gr Gold Dot. I chose a remote section of the trail and fired into the ice under a large overhanging piece.

Impression: serious muscle. The pistol is controllable and does not have a violent muzzle flip like I thought it would have. It does have a punch to the web between the thumb and the palm. I can shoot a couple hundred .45acp no problem on a really fun day, but the .50AE, maybe my limit will be around 50 rounds. If I had a .44 barrel on it, it would be a joy to shoot. I think I may check into a barrel and some magazines in the coming months.

I have a Diamond D Custom Leather chest rig with flap and magazine pouch on the flap. This will be my woods rig when I am out cutting.

This is a real fun pistol. I'd recommend one to anybody who wants the biggest bang in a semi-auto. Eight round of 300gr at 1500fps should do the trick.
I had one of those, just remember to watch the brass as mine would throw it right back at your forehead if not shot off Center and a bit to the right. My buddies 16 year old shot it and two shells came back and made a perfect X digit in his forehead. It was,kinda funny and that taught him to shoot with a bit more attention. It's kinda cool to feel that rotary bolt move, felt to me, like a lathe in your hands. Those 50 Eagles are very accurate with the right loads so are the 41's. There is some recoil, but not the sharp snap of my Freedom Arms 454 or my buddies 500 S & W, especially with 500 grain hot loads.