Trader history (0)

EvilRoySlade

What’s my line?
Local time
2:06 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
First off, the title is a joke, nothing to do with communication with Shaun.
I had done some research with porters before I made a deal with Shaun. I was buying a new 550xp for my dad's 70th birthday. He is a Stihl guy and I wanted to surprise him with a light, nimble saw that had speed and torque. After multiple emails with Shaun, I was confident he could make this happen. The only mistake I made was ordering a brand new saw and having it delivered straight to him, slightly unannounced. It worked out though. I asked him for a 5 month timeframe because I kind of sent it to him before we set a schedule, totally my fault, as long as it was before my dad's birthday in July. Well it was done and being tested by him 3 weeks after he received it. Wow.
When received it I looked it over well, fit and finish was nice. Short of a sticker and signed on the cylinder it looks like a brand new saw. And oh boy does it run. I ran it quite a bit before giving to him. I wanted to get it close to being broken in, and it was lots of fun. 18" 3/8 square ground, I kept dropping the rakers till it was pulling hard but not chattering. Really surprised at the torque, you can stop and start in mid cut pretty good, like when falling a tree. By the way, falling good size trees with a 50cc saw is nice. I wouldn't make a habit of it but the chain speed and available torque was mighty impressive.
The saw impressed me. But after this saw transaction then meeting Shaun at the Iowa GTG, I would happily do business with him again. And not just porting. He has welded a busted up 346 case for me, cut a cylinder down, and done some muffler mods too. All of which were very well executed.
Summary, Shaun does very nice work. Well thought out approach to everything he gets involved in.

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Awhile back Shaun helped me with my 394 build. I have the knowledge and tools to do some porting work but I wanted my 394 to be as strong as possible and I'm just not tooled up for that level of building yet. I made arrangements with Shaun to cut base and squish and raise the transfers for me. His price was more than fair, job done in a timely manner, and his work is first rate! My 394 pulled 210psi compression after initial assembly and is a complete animal! It pulls a 36" bar with 8-pin noodling the full length of the bar in hard maple with authority. I am more than satisfied with Mr. Carr's work and proudly display his shop sticker on my 394. I would highly recommend Shaun with no reservations. Thanks buddy!

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'd like to add some feedback here. I reached out to Shaun for port work. Explained what I wanted and came to an agreement. Sent my 394 top end (p/c, muff, intake block and all gaskets and heat shield). Communication was excellent. Shaun advised me on timing advance, and answered a few other questions I had. He showed pics during the process even though I didn't request. In less than a month my parts were shipped back. And at this point I already had trigger time on a SCarr 395, so I had high hopes. Then I opened the box... :yikes:

Shaun's port work is stunning. I'm not the type of feller that needs to have pretty work to be satisfied. I have a DozerDan 357 that I've never opened up. I don't care what it looks like in there, the saw runs as I'd hoped. The grinding on this 94 silly is top notch. I put the saw together and after break in, it's one HOSS of a saw. Exactly what I wanted.

If you are considering a SCarr port job, do not hesitate. You'll be happy, especially if it's a big Husky. He has a way with these saws that has to be felt to understand. My 394 is demonic. :smilie-devil:

IMG_0797.JPG

AlfA01

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
8:06 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm very pleased to join the group of people that own a Shaun Carr ported saw. I selected this woods port as a raffle prize from @leadfarmer 's daughter's raffle.

I bought an 066 off of @jacob j. and had him send it to Shaun for the portwork. I was impressed at Shaun's work ethic and clear communication throughout the process.

He really went above and beyond to deliver a helluva strong running saw. I appreciate Shaun's work and his philanthropic generosity. Truly one of the guys that makes OPE what it is.

Life got in the way and it took me a long time to get the saw shipped over. I've been running it the past few weekends and can say this saw is very impressive.

I would very happily own any saw that Shaun has ported.

Video loading...

Last edited: