Trader history (1)

Mt.Olive10

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
10:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Mt.Olive10 said he got his 394XPS today, along with his rebuilt XS066. Not looking forward to any sort of a showdown :D
As Kevin stated I did buy the 394. He tried to warn me but as much as I trust him, NOBODY could have told me and made me believe what this saw is capable of. I try not to use much profanity but when I felt this saw pulling a 32 bar buried to the hilt in Louisiana oak on an 8 tooth and I was having to back out of the trigger, I made up new cuss words. This thing is crazy, insane, stupid, pissed off, out for blood, and whatever else you want to call it. I don't race saws, I clean up behind log-haulers who leave me their over-sized stuff. So after leaving the fire station, I just want saws that get the job done fast and reliably. Kevin built me two that hooked me on ported saws. But this damn 394 should be outlawed; .........well all of them but mine!

Mt.Olive10

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I currently have a 36 bar on it and the trees I'm dealing with now are easily handled by a 28 but I promise to make a video on the next BIG tree. Too much saw to be cutting noodles, I didn't buy it for that!

Derf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Shaun, does a 2100 crank mate up to a 395 flywheel? In some instances you said you changed a 395 flywheel to a 394 flywheel, and in other instances you said you lapped the flywheel and added a steel key.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Shaun, does a 2100 crank mate up to a 395 flywheel? In some instances you said you changed a 395 flywheel to a 394 flywheel, and in other instances you said you lapped the flywheel and added a steel key.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, the crank needs to be machined for the 394 or 395 flywheel. I prefer using the 394 flywheel since it has a larger taper with a steel hub that seems to hold much better than the aluminum 395 flywheel.

I always lap the flywheel to my newly machined taper to get a better fit.