Saw's on a stick

Genius

First member of ASlite to receive a infraction
Local time
9:27 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The best pole saw is the Echo ppt280. @KenJax Tree. @fordf150 . There is numerous threads and reviews on line. 158'' reach. but you can buy a 4' extension and get over 16'..... plus the user's height.

The more I'm reading about it, it's looking like the Echo is the way I'll be going.

I'm going to make a detour to my echo dealer shortly before I go home for lunch.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Have anyone near you with a boom mower? That's what I use I charge by the hour 100$ that's fair but it only needs done every 5 year or so if you could find someone around to do it might be worth your free time just a thought I work w people on price on big jobs

Genius

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Have anyone near you with a boom mower? That's what I use I charge by the hour 100$ that's fair but it only needs done every 5 year or so if you could find someone around to do it might be worth your free time just a thought I work w people on price on big jobs

My buddy runs one for the part of the county I'm in. He uses it for cutting trees back.

This fall when he was working in our area he parked in in our yard and I asked if we could use it in the evenings....

My request was denied:(

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lol I'd deny as well that's the one machine no one can run for me they're a lil different hell I'll let someone run my bine but not my mower ask him an hourly rate? If he's good you can do a lot in an hours time Not sayin I'm good ... May be worth the hire or may not

Genius

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I talked to my dealer, I'm set on a echo after trying it. There is no comparison to that vs the stihl 4-mix saw I've used in the past.

Now I need to decide what model I want. He says he sells a ton of the 266's. He said he rarely sells any 280's. The only reason being is that the 266 is a few pounds lighter.

After handling the 266, I can see how a few extra pounds could make a huge difference.

Genius

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lol I'd deny as well that's the one machine no one can run for me they're a lil different hell I'll let someone run my bine but not my mower ask him an hourly rate? If he's good you can do a lot in an hours time Not sayin I'm good ... May be worth the hire or may not

No, the county would never let the thing off the road.

He'd loose his nice cushy gumbent job if he were to use it for purposes other than county use.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I see I see I thought he was doin it solo as a job no farmers round you have one is what I was getting at but I see now what you're sayin image.jpg

Genius

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No, no one in our area has one.

It is actually quite surprising after watching my buddy using one on ditch banks and seeing what they are capable of.

They destroy branches quick and leave little mess to actually clean up

Majorpayne

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:27 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

It is actually quite surprising after watching my buddy using one on ditch banks and seeing what they are capable of.

The kubota dealer here rents one.

Majorpayne

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:27 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I talked to my dealer, I'm set on a echo after trying it. There is no comparison to that vs the stihl 4-mix saw I've used in the past.

Now I need to decide what model I want. He says he sells a ton of the 266's. He said he rarely sells any 280's. The only reason being is that the 266 is a few pounds lighter.

After handling the 266, I can see how a few extra pounds could make a huge difference.
I had a 266 a couple of years ago. After trimming all my limbs, I sold it to the township.

Termitebuffet

Home of the corn can muffler .....
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Good business opportunity Ross

Zoo City Sawz

hseII

AKA - Karenberly's Husband
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
i have a ht131.its 7 years old and still going good.bought a ht100 two stroke but havent used it much.bought it used at the dealer.would like to try the newer ht250.....wait i got an fs250....duh!

My FS250 is a BadAss.

That on a Polesaw?
*s-word!!

Lone Wolf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I got this used off ebay ,it has a lot of tourque ,same chassis as the ht 131 ,i can reach a ways up limbing 16-18 feet maybe when extended ,it has plenty of power to cut limbs as big as the bar if needed ,is a little heavy when extended all the way out, i was torn between this and the full 2 stroke
The husky end the echo do not extend as long as the stihl which is why i picked the stihl

View attachment 14820
Notice, no flippy is on the gas tank.

weedkilla

Super OPE Member
Local time
10:57 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It looks like you've already made your decision - but don't buy a husky.
I won't bother walking to the shed to take photos, but I have a box of busted heads, and it randomly broke a shaft too. It's just *s-worde

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Speaking of tractors with mowers, pole saws, and the like, the local power company subs out powerline clearing. A few years ago, I think it was Trees, Inc, came by with a big ass Cat loader with a brush hog on the front. Took a full 8" popple tree down to a pile of chips in about 10 seconds. Twas impressive