Saw's on a stick

junkman

Crush it
Local time
2:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I got this used off ebay ,it has a lot of tourque ,same chassis as the ht 131 ,i can reach a ways up limbing 16-18 feet maybe when extended ,it has plenty of power to cut limbs as big as the bar if needed ,is a little heavy when extended all the way out, i was torn between this and the full 2 stroke
The husky end the echo do not extend as long as the stihl which is why i picked the stihl

pole saw 041.JPG

DSS

widebody
Local time
6:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
The two rental places we have around here don't rent them. We tried renting one last spring.

Did you ever get your mity mite saw on a stick working?
No. You keep forgetting to send me a recoil

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:11 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What I like about the four mix on a polesaw application is the torque. When you sit the bar on a branch the powerhead has to turn the long shaft and gearhead and get the chain moving. The 4mix does this better than a conventional two stroke but its heavy, bulky and does not rev out that high. It has some good qualities over non 4 mix but it has some bad too. Also using a polesaw for many hours at a time means you will take power towieght ratio over anything else, they get darn heavy after a while. But for someone using a polsaw occaisionally full of energy just doing an hour pruning your best choice can be very different. No brand IMO is making the ultimate polesaw, they all have pro's/cons.

mnmforestry

Super OPE Member
Local time
5:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Ht131 all the way. I'm a huskie guy but the stihl pole saw is the way to go for sure. I've got a tree business and I use mine quite a bit. Plenty of power. Just be careful with the shaft. It will bend if you have it all the way out and you get hung up with a limb as its falling and it hits the ground. Ask me how I know.

dieselfitter

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I bought a Echo PAS-230 with pole pruner, brush trimmer and weed wacker attachments over 16 years ago. I had to replace the primer bulb about 4 years ago. Other than that, no complaints. The brush trimmer was a bit of a disappointment until I replace the saw blade with one of them chainsaw wheel thingys.

hseII

AKA - Karenberly's Husband
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Stay Away from the Husky: plastic shaft that is know for breaking.

I know this 1st hand.

hseII

AKA - Karenberly's Husband
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't think that I'll ever use mine enough to worry about the cam followers or valve adjustment. It's pulled duty at my house and family members yards. It's not being used commercially here. I don't know how long a HT101 would last commercially.

The flippy cap is a real bugger when they don't seem to "cam" over and you think they are closed when they really are not. I'm very careful about checking it now before I cut.
I'm willing to bet that 90% of the people *b-wording about the plastic cam followers won't either. I don't like them myself, but I've got a few seasons on my FS130, which is 4mix, and it's certainly been dependable.

Jimmy in NC

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a cheapie Husky 128 power unit from the big box. With it I have a TroyBilt 8" pruner. It runs and cuts.... it oils plenty and has an adjustable oiler. It is light construction and when ever I try to "back bar" a limb it vibrates terrible from the drive cable springing as it grabs and unloads. It works for me but I work in its limitations. If I were to use one more than residential, I'd make sure it has a solid drive shaft. I have run and like the Echos. I have had two Stihl extendable bend the drive shafts. Could be operators...just what I have seen.

Jughead

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
i have a ht131.its 7 years old and still going good.bought a ht100 two stroke but havent used it much.bought it used at the dealer.would like to try the newer ht250.....wait i got an fs250....duh!

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have an HT101 and like it. The 4 mix saws idle well which is handy with that unit. They are heavy but work as intended. I also have a manual pole saw (Marvin) which also does the job if there's not a lot of cutting to do...

Genius

First member of ASlite to receive a infraction
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
i have a ht131.its 7 years old and still going good.bought a ht100 two stroke but havent used it much.bought it used at the dealer.would like to try the newer ht250.....wait i got an fs250....duh!

Is the HT-250 the same power head as the FS-250?

My string trimmer is a FS-250 and thats one bad a$$ Mo-Fo. Although I do see it only has a fixed shaft. I am looking for a extendable shaft

stihl sawing

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dang zenforo software, don't get alerts. anyway Ross the 131 will cut anything you put it into. I even use mine to cut springpoles. that way I don't have to stand close to them.lol I cut a 16 inch limb with mine a while back with a 14 inch bar and it never bogged. But they are pricy. I've had mine a while and I think their 100 bucks more now than what I gave.

Jughead

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Is the HT-250 the same power head as the FS-250?

My string trimmer is a FS-250 and thats one bad a$$ Mo-Fo. Although I do see it only has a fixed shaft. I am looking for a extendable shaft
Yeap it is.not extendable though.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've got an inexpensive Poulan power pruner .Nothing to write home about but it's saved me many a time from needing a ladder or climbing the tree .

pro94lt

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have an Efco ptx2500 that we've abused in my tree service... It does not have the power of a 101 but is built very well... I'm a husky/stihl guy but the Efco has passed the test... It's been running for 4 years. A stiffer shaft, and head seems to hold up better than the Echo stihl and husqvarna ones...