Saw videos, T4driller 346xp, Rattler 2153, MOFO 026

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
3:11 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Duane(Pa) , got a pic of your AF cover?

On the MS260, you can trim the skins and fit them under the cover on the starter side. I'll have to see on the 026 air box, it's much smaller. The best part about the skins is the redirection of the air flow. A lot of you have seen 1128 series Stills running no AF box and just a filter. For some reason, the filters don't clog up as much as when they are covered. The skins do the same thing and allow the cover to stay put.

I put one larger size one on my buddy's NWP026 and it does the job and (I think) looks great. Sorry, don't have a pic, but I put it flat on the rear on the left side of the box.

Air filter design and the relatively small intact tract are part of the reason these saws have a tough time competing with a 346. That, and of course, the superior quad port design that allows transfer area AND transfer velocity both at the same time.

Here are a few pics that I dug up of FROG SKINS on a 360. From a post that Doc made.

http://opeforum.com/threads/frogzskin-vents-for-air-filter-covers.2219/page-6#post-122345

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
2:11 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Bluefish

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I'll second that, once a saw gets snake bit it will make a stock model seem pretty anemic...
Don't sell yourself short.. your darn good at what you do. [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Plus he is a grade A good Dude...

Russ

Last edited:

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I buy them direct from the company.

http://www.frogzskin.com/

I believe they do make a difference.

Again, an 026 does just fine with one larger round one on the rear cover, to the left of the knob. They change air direction and keep the filter cleaner. I like the location I used in Duane's saw. It keeps it all stock and sleeper looking.

Johnmn

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
2:11 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Again, an 026 does just fine with one larger round one on the rear cover, to the left of the knob. They change air direction and keep the filter cleaner. I like the location I used in Duane's saw. It keeps it all stock and sleeper looking.
Tried em on a 036?

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Cool. Looks like it worked well.

Derf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Are these some kind of sticker, or is a rubber grommet? (Asking about when you buy the circle ones).

ABarrick

TacomaTRD98 on AS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here is a late 026 cover: View attachment 75764
I will add pic of 260 cover that Al put froggy ports on
View attachment 75765
If saws could talk, this thing would say "bring it, MOFO"
FWIW, I drilled multiple smaller holes in this same location on one of my 260's with 044 carb and it did help with airflow and honestly doesnt dirty the filter any faster than stock and thats with no frog skins at all, just open holes.