David Young

Safety First !!!!!!
Staff member
Local time
3:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey Doc, you may be onto something milling the pop ups off the pistons. Was talking today to a guy that used to be into car racing, and he said they had combustion trouble with the pop ups because the combustion chamber ended up being like a thin arched ribbon instead of like it should be (they were bumping up compression also).
I think treemonkey was the innovator of that idea. to give proper credit.

I know Al was toying with another concept of using the dished piston. the benefit of a dome or dish is it has more surface area. the dish would also allow lower port timing and reasonable compression and the piston is lighter.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looks like you could eat off of it. Really nice work!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think treemonkey was the innovator of that idea. to give proper credit.

I know Al was toying with another concept of using the dished piston. the benefit of a dome or dish is it has more surface area. the dish would also allow lower port timing and reasonable compression and the piston is lighter.
100% TRUE

I've mentioned it a dozen times in the past. @tree monkey 's idea, executed by himself and Randy, and pilfered by me :applaudit:.

David Young

Safety First !!!!!!
Staff member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
100% TRUE

I've mentioned it a dozen times in the past. @tree monkey 's idea, executed by himself and Randy, and pilfered by me :applaudit:.
R&D

We call it
Ripoff and duplicate

And no shame in it. It's how we will learn

Al did you ever mess with the dish piston? I thought that was a neat idea

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
R&D

We call it
Ripoff and duplicate

And no shame in it. It's how we will learn

Al did you ever mess with the dish piston? I thought that was a neat idea
Not yet david. I've had no time. In fact, I'm still at work. On 13th hour, 10 minute lunch.

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
And since were all here in the mofo 026 fan club anyone thought about cutting some hole in the air filter cover and slapping some frog skins on them?
@Duane(Pa) , got a pic of your AF cover?

On the MS260, you can trim the skins and fit them under the cover on the starter side. I'll have to see on the 026 air box, it's much smaller. The best part about the skins is the redirection of the air flow. A lot of you have seen 1128 series Stills running no AF box and just a filter. For some reason, the filters don't clog up as much as when they are covered. The skins do the same thing and allow the cover to stay put.

I put one larger size one on my buddy's NWP026 and it does the job and (I think) looks great. Sorry, don't have a pic, but I put it flat on the rear on the left side of the box.

Air filter design and the relatively small intact tract are part of the reason these saws have a tough time competing with a 346. That, and of course, the superior quad port design that allows transfer area AND transfer velocity both at the same time.

Duane(Pa)

It's the chain...
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

On the MS260, you can trim the skins and fit them under the cover on the starter side. I'll have to see on the 026 air box, it's much smaller. The best part about the skins is the redirection of the air flow. A lot of you have seen 1128 series Stills running no AF box and just a filter. For some reason, the filters don't clog up as much as when they are covered. The skins do the same thing and allow the cover to stay put.

I put one larger size one on my buddy's NWP026 and it does the job and (I think) looks great. Sorry, don't have a pic, but I put it flat on the rear on the left side of the box.

Air filter design and the relatively small intact tract are part of the reason these saws have a tough time competing with a 346. That, and of course, the superior quad port design that allows transfer area AND transfer velocity both at the same time.
Here is a late 026 cover: image.jpg
I will add pic of 260 cover that Al put froggy ports on
2017061795173206.jpg
If saws could talk, this thing would say "bring it, MOFO"

Last edited:

t4driller

Daddy Day Care
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

Where you buying those frogskinz at? I seen a couple different places, just wanted to find the cheapest.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

t4driller

Daddy Day Care
Local time
User ID
Reaction score