Saw video thread

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
10:24 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Sorted the 261 mtronic system last night. No mo' problemos. Lots of fuel now

It needs more cutters or lower drags. Nice job! Reminds me of TM261 I ran in TN.
The same thing Doc had trouble with this spring. The saw would get hot and shut itself down
Eww...
What chain do you have on that thang?

Not enough....it wants more of the same.
I don't notice much of a difference. It's probably smoother for limbing. Not sure what the reason is but I prefer it on 50cc saws. I would've run 20" 3/8 on it but it had a .325 rim on it already so I dug that setup out of the bar stack and ran with it.
I run lp in place of 325.
It's ported a little bit higher strung. But the other one seems to have flatter torque. I guess I'm not sure which way to go with it
Torquey :hambre:
I'd assume the faster revving one? I got compliments for the lean-ability of my 660 at the GTG, but it is nowhere near as fast as the others I saw there.
Put a 40" bar on it :icon_domokun:
Because he has never owned a Cummins...
Or maybe he never opened up some Cats living downstairs to catch a :iru: :headbang:

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It needs more cutters or lower drags. Nice job! Reminds me of TM261 I ran in TN.

Eww...

Not enough....it wants more of the same.

I run lp in place of 325.

Torquey :hambre:

Put a 40" bar on it :icon_domokun:

Or maybe he never opened up some Cats living downstairs to catch a :iru: :headbang:
I haven't checked those rakers in awhile. Might be a little high.

I run what it has on it. Unless it's just not going to work any longer. I've tried lopro on an 026 and it got slower above 12-14" of wood. Chip clearance maybe. But its fast in small wood for sure

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:24 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
John Deere sleeper saw was not impressive, but not too bad either. I think the chipper chain is holding it back. I was afraid I made the depth gauges too low, but it took a lot of pressure to make it cut well, and with enough pressure it really started to feed well. I was a bit surprised at how much torque it had. Running 93 octane 40:1, it's still burning off the oil trapped in the muffler since reassembly, I never got it very hot during the first test run.

DSC02873 (255x500).jpg DSC02875 (496x500).jpg DSC02882 (500x404).jpg

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looks like a Hooskie in green clothing...
Lol