Saw video thread

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
3:59 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice Mason. I bet both would do a little better with a full woods port and carb job.
I wouldn’t be surprised to see a woods ported saw beat the same one with just mods done to it with the same B/C. Unless it was a bad port job. However the style of port job matters to me in the woods. These saws that I modded are forgiving and torquey. I have had ported saws that were fast but peaky and I’m not a fan of that for a worksaw.

Last edited:

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
These saws that I modded are forgiving and torquey. I have had ported saws that were fast but peaky and I’m not a fan of that for a worksaw.

Funny how that happens with some. I think certain models seem to be easier to ruin with a port job. Some of the 7900s I've seen recently are monstrous. The one kevin did not long ago made my pants tight. One day I'll have another 7900, til then...the hybrid earned me some funds the past few weeks...

20190206_085207.jpg

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice Domenic
It's a wonderful saw, I like it very much. I wish I owned a reduced weight bar for a stihl still, I'd put it on there in a heart beat. Running a 24" and an 8 pin. If I ever had a go pro or an opportunity to take video of it I would! I had a short one of a friend operating while I recorded somewhere...

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My CFB Hybrid with a w/28" light bar is a fantastic saw. Always ran well, but really got stronger after it broke in. Great power to weight.
Yes, I like it for falling and slashing too. I traded off a lighter saw to just have more power and capacity for falling the bigger trees.

MG2186

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:59 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I wouldn’t be surprised to see a woods ported saw beat the same one with just mods done to it with the same B/C. Unless it was a bad port job. However the style of port job matters to me in the woods. These saws that I modded are forgiving and torquey. I have had ported saws that were fast but peaky and I’m not a fan of that for a worksaw.
Then it wasn’t ported properly would be my response to that

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Then it wasn’t ported properly would be my response to that
There are many posts on forums that talk about raising the exhaust up a few degrees to get more horsepower. Seems like some guys only want a saw that revs to the moon. They have no idea what a flat torque curve is

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There are many posts on forums that talk about raising the exhaust up a few degrees to get more horsepower. Seems like some guys only want a saw that revs to the moon. They have no idea what a flat torque curve is

I think it may depend on the saw. Some saws with a longer stroke seem to do well with a lower exhaust.

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think it may depend on the saw. Some saws with a longer stroke seem to do well with a lower exhaust.
Exactly. The natural characteristics of the engine because of it's over square or under square, or if it has a long stroke design have to play a role in its power/torque curve and the porting must be different to achieve desired result...like any engine!!

Last edited: