huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
5:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm not concerned about the rev limiter. It's just something I like to check when I get something running with that much piss and vinegar. I don't mean it in a negative way or anything like that.
Can't hear it when running the saw. Only in the videos...i think.

Noticed it before and figured it was either the chain or an open muffler causing it. I've had the motors apart after several tanks and never seen pitting from preignition (or detonation, whatever causes the pitting).

I was actually hoping it was that 4th Dimension Harmonics thing I've heard of. :nusenuse::pancarta:

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
2:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Can't hear it when running the saw. Only in the videos...i think.

Noticed it before and figured it was either the chain or an open muffler causing it. I've had the motors apart after several tanks and never seen pitting from preignition (or detonation, whatever causes the pitting).

I was actually hoping it was that 4th Dimension Harmonics thing I've heard of. :nusenuse::pancarta:

I wouldn't be worrying about detonation, nor am I trying to beat around the bush with advise. It's just something fun I like to try because sometimes it makes a good gain.
Crap, not that it needs a gain, just saying in general when I get something running that good.
I think this topic needs its own thread to avoid giving the impression that it's about your saw specifically. I've been wanting to bring it up for weeks now and chose a chitty way of doing it, lol.

Last edited:

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
5:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I wouldn't be worrying about detonation, nor am I trying to beat around the bush with advise. It's just something fun I like to try because sometimes it makes a good gain.
Crap, not that it needs a gain, just saying in general when I get something running that good.
I think this topic needs its own thread to avoid giving the impression that it's about your saw specifically. I've been wanting to bring it up for weeks now and chose a chitty way of doing it, lol.
There very well could be other combinations that help. No idea there. I used to run 87 pump gas until this place put in a rec gas pump a few years ago. I think it's 90 octane.
It would be cool to hear about what you're thinking

Sty57

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
4:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Ive been thinking the same thing for awhile.