Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
12:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Which fuel are you guys calling 50 50?
These carbs are a design that will be a future release by Tilly for overseas cart racing and they have made some mods to them for me to try out in chainsaw racing, they are meant for gas or nitromethane racing. They have a large actual body and are a little bit of work to fit in a chainsaw so far. I have models for under 80cc and for 70-150cc to test. Since John @Redfin already did all the work to convert my MS661 to an HL carb I am using it as a test bed for the HG-35 and am planning to stuff the HG-39 on the back of either my Mofo MS260 or maybe the 346xp, neither one will be an easy fit by any means :)

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Which fuel are you guys calling 50 50?
These carbs are a design that will be a future release by Tilly for overseas cart racing and they have made some mods to them for me to try out in chainsaw racing, they are meant for gas or nitromethane racing. They have a large actual body and are a little bit of work to fit in a chainsaw so far. I have models for under 80cc and for 70-150cc to test. Since John @Redfin already did all the work to convert my MS661 to an HL carb I am using it as a test bed for the HG-35 and am planning to stuff the HG-39 on the back of either my Mofo MS260 or maybe the 346xp, neither one will be an easy fit by any means :)
Hum....35 on a 260 sounds about right for 50 50 alky with nitro, wrong, I meant gas. I won't be using alky, much. No love for it. Great at cooling and tearing up everything. Nitro ain't much better but easier to work around with coatings and far less tuning issues. Triple mix really.

Dave, will those 39's be tunable with 6-1 or 8-1?

Edit: My bad. That should read alky with gas, not nitro.

Last edited:

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just asking here. You can run ally fuel in any saw? Or does the saw have to be built special for fuel?
Sounds like the RPMs go through the roof when run on alky fuel. Am I just hearing things or is there any truth to my observations?

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Just asking here. You can run ally fuel in any saw? Or does the saw have to be built special for fuel?
Sounds like the RPMs go through the roof when run on alky fuel. Am I just hearing things or is there any truth to my observations?
Laughing out loud, literally.
If your RPMs go north your parts go south stop believing all the *B-S.... you read.
The fuels themself have a scrubbing action Jeff they're just plain corrosive. They like to dissolve things like plastics and coatings and etch metals of the wrong alloy content. Rubber ain't winning, don't want to talk about what it does to the rubber.

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey Jeff, any of the funny fuels in general need at least the carburetor to be adjusted pretty severely.
Mixing any of the fuels without KNOWING what you are doing is dangerous as well.
The point of better fuel is of course more RPMS because going faster wins races and we wouldn't be doing all this goofy stuff if it wasn't faster :)
Normally an engine that will be running on funny fuel is ported differently with a specific compression and timing in mind.
And to think we do all this for sometimes tiny gains.
Dave

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks Dave and Dave. Cool stuff for sure!

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
9:11 PM
User ID
Reaction score
They are tillotson carbs already set up for methanol racing. You can order one for about 300 bucks a pop.
To be more specific, a guy in Nebraska sets these things up for specific builds to be plug and play. You give him the info and he makes them right. I believe the model is either HL360, HL380, or both.

srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
To be more specific, a guy in Nebraska sets these things up for specific builds to be plug and play. You give him the info and he makes them right. I believe the model is either HL360, HL380, or both.

I'm not a fan of the 360 or 380. We had the best of luck with the 334 on our karts, all others had no throttle response and low end power, just terrible out of the corner.