Saw video thread

t4driller

Daddy Day Care
Local time
12:49 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Least you’re not cuttin’ down through like Dustin used to! Lol
Sounds good Mike. Ya make any tree niney five vids?
I do of its very first cuts. Still fighting tune and flywheel position since the key sheared. Think I'm way to far advanced. Tomorriw I plan on trying it out again.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here are 2 non-impressive videos of my 1st attempt at square filing .325 chain.
1st video is regular cutting ig an oak log into 16" lengths. It cut pretty good, but I know I can do better with the filing angles.

2nd is noodling a hard oak crotch. 16" Bar is buried in it. It cut OK, but it was tough to tell due to the piece I was cutting.

I have since gone back and cleaned the angles up a bit and it looks better to me. Just need more wood to cut. LOL

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
1st video is regular cutting ig an oak log into 16" lengths. It cut pretty good, but I know I can do better with the filing angles.

2nd is noodling a hard oak crotch. 16" Bar is buried in it. It cut OK, but it was tough to tell due to the piece I was cutting.

I have since gone back and cleaned the angles up a bit and it looks better to me. Just need more wood to cut. LOL
Seems like you have to push on it to cut. Maybe lower the rakers a TAD and see how it does.

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Seems like you have to push on it to cut. Maybe lower the rakers a TAD and see how it does.

I agree with Mason, I found I needed to lower the rakers to make a square cut good as well, then.... LOOK OUT! [emoji41]
.025-.030 has worked well for me. That chain should be pulling that saw to the log. It certainly wasn’t self feeding...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
29e89fd22af6a43e33aa5a862763271e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk