Saw video thread

Keith Gandy

Maxima K2 40:1 87 Pump Gas
Local time
3:28 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This is that hacked up xpw I did a couple years ago with the hogged out transfers, windowed piston, and the .080" freeported exhaust floor. I recently went back in it and messed with the port timing a little bit. Put new crank seals, changed the carb, and backed the timing off to factory location. Now it seems to have that knock or rattle when idling. Can it please just be the starter pawls tapping? Lol
Saw runs great!!

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
4:28 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Now you're cooking with peanut oil!!! And fixed?
That chain was grabby on my ported 385 and it pulled it like it wasn't there! Skip semi chisel too I should mention. Yeah it was a mess of a saw from someone who I won't mention. The cylinder checked out fine and I had to replace a case half, crank and bearings.

Last edited:

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That chain was grabby on my ported 385 and it pulled it like it wasn't there! Skip semi chisel too I should mention. Yeah it was a mess of a saw from someone who I won't mention. The cylinder checked out fine and I had to replace a case half, crank and bearings.

What was wrong with the crank Mason?

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
3:28 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Finished a 395 build. Needs more bar :)
looks like you need to stand on it to get it loaded right.

It's all right. We know your talking about chinnuts.

Last edited:

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
image.png This is the old case half behind the clutch cover. Entire rear half is broken off. It worked, but I was more dissapointed that I was never told that it was going to be like that. I was told they were going to be like new painted cases. The cylinder was ported beautifully, but the rest of the saw was not up to par. I still have the damaged case half and may decide to have it welded as I think it might be able to be saved, but that is a lot of material missing.

Last edited:

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
1:28 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I pulled that freeported cylinder and put a more "normal" ported cylinder on. I started grinding before I remembered to run it stock for a before and after which annoys me a little bit.
First cuts after reassembly, stock timing with no base or squish cut.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I pulled that freeported cylinder and put a more "normal" ported cylinder on. I started grinding before I remembered to run it stock for a before and after which annoys me a little bit.
First cuts after reassembly, stock timing with no base or squish cut.

50mm or another 51.4?

Last edited: