Miller Mod Saws

Chainsaw Masseuse
Local time
6:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I know a guy with lots of 665 top ends.
Thanks my man. I really think I just want to raise my lower exhaust jug for now. See if I can get close to the rpm I'm running on the 98 jug but broaden the torque band just a tad if I fark that up I maybe calling. Lol. At 98 I can say it's really close to needing an unlimited coil. It does not like a dull chain. Lol.
If revamping the other jug works I'll send the 98 one back to ya for testing. After all. It's your jug! :)

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
7:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's a mean sounding saw Mr. Miller Mod. Hot dang!

I took my 357 in the woods with me again today and decided to see what it could do. I have always kept the tune at a safe 14k for normal work. That being said I've never cranked it up to see what it was capable of. Today, I tuned my saw up to 15.2k where it was still safely 4-strokin and made a few cuts. The chain was loading the saw perfect at 12.8k and all cuts were made with no pressure except where dogging in obviously. It leaned out a little more after getting good and hot but it never lean bogged. The tach shows that once it was hot it was hitting 15.3k and the 4 stroking was pretty much gone. After this experience I'm thinking no more than 15k no load tune for this saw when I'm playing around. I tightened my chain after making these cuts:rolleyes:. I really don't know why there isn't a bigger fan club of these saws, it just flat runs after being ported.

Last edited:

Miller Mod Saws

Chainsaw Masseuse
Local time
6:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's a mean sounding saw Mr. Miller Mod. Hot dang!

I took my 357 in the woods with me again today and decided to see what it could do. I have always kept the tune at a safe 14k for normal work. That being said I've never cranked it up to see what it was capable of. Today, I tuned my saw up to 15.2k where it was still safely 4-strokin and made a few cuts. The chain was loading the saw perfect at 12.8k and all cuts were made with no pressure except where dogging in obviously. It leaned out a little more after getting good and hot but it never lean bogged. The tach shows that once it was hot it was hitting 15.3k and the 4 stroking was pretty much gone. After this experience I'm thinking no more than 15k no load tune for this saw when I'm playing around. I tightened my chain after making these cuts:rolleyes:. I really don't know why there isn't a bigger fan club of these saws, it just flat runs after being ported.
Lookin real good Carl!
Thanks guys.

Frank bierce

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
4:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I almost have too many blisters on my fingers from filing chain to make these cuts, Lol. But I'm starting to feel like I might be getting somewhere with it.
Here's 12 hours of grinding to get .12 second faster.

Nice work Jim!! Looks like it pulls aggressive, and looked pretty smooth!!

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
7:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Retweaked the other jug tonight. I like this one better.
Not a big difference but this one has a better torque band. We'll see how she does after a few tanks.
Carl Miller, I'm gonna start calling you "The Gun Show" with you wearing those sleeveless shirts lol

Nice Solo, amigo!