Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
4:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's a runner Mason!

What carb is on that puppy?
It's a stock wj39 pre epa I took off my other 394 and threw on just for now, the original is a wj39 modded that has thinned shafts ect work done to it had a problem initially where the throttle lever didn't return to idle, after looking at it more closely the throttle plate screw vibrated loose just enough for plate to get cocked to where it wouldn't return to idle. Just repositioned the plate and tighten screw and it's good. Sometimes it's the simplest things. The L screw on the stock carb needed to be richened more than the modded one so I am pretty sure it's a good gain.

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's a stock wj39 pre epa I took off my other 394 and threw on just for now, the original is a wj39 modded that has thinned shafts ect work done to it had a problem initially where the throttle lever didn't return to idle, after looking at it more closely the throttle plate screw vibrated loose just enough for plate to get cocked to where it wouldn't return to idle. Just repositioned the plate and tighten screw and it's good. Sometimes it's the simplest things. The L screw on the stock carb needed to be richened more than the modded one so I am pretty sure it's a good gain.
Put some lock tight on that screw. Your piston won't be happy if it eats it

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Most people that I've asked can't tell the difference between the wj70/71epa carb and the 39. Is there even really anything different other than limiter caps?

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
He has a 34 super that's a few tenths behind the solo. That's very impressive considering cc and cylinder design
That 034 super pretty much almost matched my closed port 365 as well! I need to try one. Incredible saw for cc and design agreed.

Last edited: