Saw video thread

malk315

Running Saws for Therapy
Local time
3:38 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thought you guys would enjoy this video series from Pat Lacey when he was in Alaska this past summer. When you see the muffler on his saw it looks like just a flat plate on the front instead of the usual Stihl look. Custom front plate?

The saw at some points has like "small twig" sized chips coming out from under that clutch cover... she's a beast :)

I had asked him on one of his vids who does his mods to his saws and he replied "Olives in Orofino Idaho milled the jug, domed the piston and ported the muffler, I advanced the timing and did the carb swap." Saws always rip!

HYPERSAWS

West coast cutter
Local time
12:38 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thought you guys would enjoy this video series from Pat Lacey when he was in Alaska this past summer. When you see the muffler on his saw it looks like just a flat plate on the front instead of the usual Stihl look. Custom front plate?

The saw at some points has like "small twig" sized chips coming out from under that clutch cover... she's a beast :)

I had asked him on one of his vids who does his mods to his saws and he replied "Olives in Orofino Idaho milled the jug, domed the piston and ported the muffler, I advanced the timing and did the carb swap." Saws always rip!

I am pretty sure that saw was by Dan Urich from super modify

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Stock 440 with muffler mod, HD16 carb and filter cover removed. 8.62/8.92 seconds.
Stock 572 xp with muffler mod. 9.18/9.48 seconds. Same bar, chain and sprocket. Wood was ash. My opinion? I couldn’t tell any difference between the two, other than the 572 had more torque.

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Stock 440 with muffler mod, HD16 carb and filter cover removed. 8.62/8.92 seconds.
Stock 572 xp with muffler mod. 9.18/9.48 seconds. Same bar, chain and sprocket. Wood was ash. My opinion? I couldn’t tell any difference between the two, other than the 572 had more torque.
When I ran the 572 I just keep dogging in and it dropped the rpms, but it didn't seem to mind.
First cut I was just getting a feel for it, second I just kept it dogged in, saw was on it's first tank.
This is the same saw I think everyone in the country ran last yr lol.
That being said it's an older video.

Last edited: