High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

saw vice/holder

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
3:37 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Working off of Bill's nice work, you can bolt one together without blowing the dust off your welder, Angelo.
Find you an I beam Angelo!
Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Hey, don't make fun of my welder or my weldering !!!!
It's wired up ! FIRED up ! and waiting for a project ....

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

Big_6

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey, don't make fun of my welder or my weldering !!!!
It's wired up ! FIRED up ! and waiting for a project ....
It will take 7 years practice to see if you're a welder or a grinder.
Better jump on this project: fab of the vise!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
You use The silvey yet Angelo?
It's all mounted ready to go. I fired my "Hacked up "385 and made a few cuts in some normal swamp drug crap I get dropped off.( 48" piss oak) ...so yes I will be grinding this weekend. It was shear fun while It kept an edge... then dust...threw some snow chips about 10' behind me.....for a while....
Thanks again @mdavlee

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I get those from a shop with arms from mike manley, they are what i askes them to build with the intention of making money, i'm a capitalist.
Shawn made me a previous version using a wilton pow r arm but the wilton wasnt nearly as strong as advertised and needed constant adjustment to work.
I tries to buy back all the wilton versions because the base would lossen after a half hours use.
I returned those bases ( Wilton still owe me a couple grand in tools). This is a second design its simpler and stronger cheaper and better.
Making vices is a dead end. A bunch of guys asked for them, but most made thier own version.
When i get back from vacation anyone that wanta one for 90.00 shipped in the usa ill take care of them.

I sell some stuff that ny buddy Shawn makes for me, marketing and sales is all me. Again i am a capitalist pig.
Dave

Trying to type on a phone is brutal, my thimbs cant keep up.
Mike Manley made me arms originally to go with the Wilton vise so my cost was pretty high about 60 for the arm ( which i think he will sell separately if you want to build your own) and 268 per base.
After the Wilton bases were defective, i asked Shawn to help me come up with a cheap strong alternative and he hooked me up.
The base is now less than the arm amd they are a strong combination.
Currently listed below cost, enjoy

Last edited:

wcorey

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well, I got curious as I often do and found a reasonable enough deal on the 'heavy duty' 1" Panavise 400 to buy one just to play around with.
To work as a saw holder it only needs a 1" shaft with a bar end or whatever attached to it.
Like the smaller one it swings up/down 90 degrees and spins/pivots 360 in two axis.

Instead of mounted right on the bench, might be nice elevated a bit on a short pedestal or screwed onto a piece of 4 x 4 angle to be clamped in a bench vise.

1 inch panavise test0.JPG
Not the end-all-be-all of clamping strength but reasonable enough to be useful, will hold up 223cc worth of saws, just.
Hand tight with only that little knob even...

1 inch panavise test1.JPG

Would be better/easier with a 2" or so lever arm tapped into the smallish metal knob that comes on it, though remains to be seen how it would hold up to the increased tightening pressure.