High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Saw questions

JayTx

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
5:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I looked into a Echo 590 but none of the Echo dealers in town even stock Echo chainsaws. I have a couple of more places to look but that may be a sign also.
At the moment I'm leaning toward a MS 261 without the Mtronic. At least you can adjust the carb as needed. With all of the EPA regs it sounds like these things may run a little leaner than they should anyway at least this way I can adjust is as needed.

JayTx

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The local HD doesnt have one there plus with a 5 year warranty on that saw I would want a dealer in the area for anything that comes up. If none of these shops stock the saws then I'm betting they dont see to many come thru.
The 590 seems like a decent saw just no support here it seems.

Last edited:

JayTx

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Don’t be afraid of the Mtronic

Not afraid of of Mtronic necessarily but I am afraid of what the EPA has made them do to it hahaha... I've dealt with enough EPA garbage on everything from diesel trucks, outboards, and small engines to know that stuff causes problems even on things that are "worked out". I just dont like the no adjustability honestly. Its no fun to not be able to tinker with things when needed.

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
6:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not afraid of of Mtronic necessarily but I am afraid of what the EPA has made them do to it hahaha... I've dealt with enough EPA garbage on everything from diesel trucks, outboards, and small engines to know that stuff causes problems even on things that are "worked out". I just dont like the no adjustability honestly. Its no fun to not be able to tinker with things when needed.
I hear ya, you can still tinker though. Timing, exhaust, all that fun stuff. Mtronic gives you more time to spend on your chain instead of your tune. Lol

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

If you want a 261 that'll run good hit up @Mastermind and see if he has a ported one for sale.

countryhog

BTDT
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Youve gotten some excellent advice. Let me throw my two cents in the ring for your perusal
Get an older saw and rebuild it. Parts are generally available. I had one new saw; in 1984. Got several old saws now. I get them, rebuild them, and sometimes sell them.
Old olympyks, homies, poulans, mcculloughs, and echos can really beat the drum. I dont worry about weight cause i let the tree support the saw when felling and bucking. But then i also split my wood with a 10# maul. Truthfully, when im cutting i cant tell the difference between a saw that weighs 12# and one that weighs 15#.
Just sayin

JayTx

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
@Dub11
I plan on calling him to tomorrow just to see what my options are on his end.

@countryhog
For a larger saw in the future that is probably the way I'd go.
Glad to see I'm not the only one who likes the abuse of swinging a maul to split wood. I don't need to split much for the year unlike some folks.

Last edited:

JayTx

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
8 pages thru the 261 Mtronic what makes it tick... Thread and I'm getting a headache seeing what all is in those saws... Call me when they go to fuel injection and I can plug in a tuner!

Dustin4185

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a MMWS 261 and 362. If you get a 261 from @Mastermind, YOU WON’T BE DISAPPOINTED! It is a slippery slope though. It starts with one ported saw, then you have three and waiting on one to be done. I am sure I will have more done in the future. Stock saws are boring.

NYH1

Tactical Chainsaw Operator
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you have any Jonsered dealers in you area, check them out to see if they have any saws left. Mainly the CS 2258 (Husky 555) and CS 2260 (Husky 562xp). Jonsered has a $150 instant rebate through June 30th. Bought my son a 2258 for $530 plus tax in April. It's an awesome saw. It does have the auto tune carb. though. So far so good.

Good luck, NYH1.

Reedo

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I just ran a couple tanks through a new MMWS 562 Randy had for sale in the classifieds and was extremely happy with its performance.
Now I really can’t wait for the 261c he is doing for me. I would agree with the others that you won’t be disappointed.