High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Saw building numbers.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
1:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Thank you all. I understand that it's way more than numbers I was kinda looking for a "base line" to go buy. But I do understand that it's different for each saw. I will do much more research and read the posts you provided. Thanks again.
Do this.
Keep your base gasket. A tuning trick is to remove it and test again. You need help from guys who build Husky saws, I don't. The flow is always more important than the numbers. Things work in balance with the next piece. It sounds stupid but the "tune" when nailed just sounds like a symphony. Nothing strained or pressed.... it just flows out smooth power evenly and never seems to stop pulling. That applies to anything well thought out and correctly feed with proper timing.

Edit: for poor spelling and punctuation
Friday October 18th 2019
And I'll add that everything has a ceiling and breaking point or failure.

Last edited:

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
12:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Do this.
Keep your base gasket. A tuning trick is to remove it and test again. You need help from guys who build Husky saws, I don't. The flow is always more important than the numbers. Things work in balance with the next piece. It sounds stupid by the "tune" when nailed just sounds like a symphony nothing strained or presses it just flows out smooth power evenly and never seems to stop pulling. That applies to anything well thought out and correctly feed with proper timing.

I've never heard of anyone running a saw you ported.....

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I've never heard of anyone running a saw you ported.....
Probably only did thirty tops. Sold most of them when finished. Have not ground on one in a few years. No one picks up my saws at a gtg. Just work saws nothing special. You sound disappointed or defensive or ? Clue me in.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Probably only did thirty tops. Sold most of them when finished. Have not ground on one in a few years. No one picks up my saws at a gtg. Just work saws nothing special. You sound disappointed or defensive or ? Clue me in.

Just hate to see people slinging "advice" around.....

I'm in a *s-wordty mood.

Just am....

Terrence Jefferson

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Skip the 268 piston and get a Wiseco from definitive Dave. I like about the same numbers in a race saw and work saw 372.

I will look into that. Does he have a website? What are the numbers you like Ina 372 ? I'm just asking for a reference to start from.

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I will look into that. Does he have a website? What are the numbers you like Ina 372 ? I'm just asking for a reference to start from.
He has a link at the top of this page. Chainsaw Conservation Components.

The link with the log rolling in front of his name

It’s an EBay store

Terrence Jefferson

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Why not start with telling us what numbers your 372 has now ?

As I said before I am new to all of this. I should have a wheel this week and will get numbers when I get my piston . I'm not sure what numbers I should have and I'm in the process of reading on it.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok that's good to know as well. These are the things I'm trying to learn. I thank you all for your help and guidance.

A few years ago I would have been happy to share my thoughts. But.....I've learned that there are so many variables involved that its nearly impossible to narrow it down to a set of numbers that really work better than another.

Besides, the learning process is the fun part.

P.M.P.

Stiff Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A few years ago I would have been happy to share my thoughts. But.....I've learned that there are so many variables involved that its nearly impossible to narrow it down to a set of numbers that really work better than another.

Besides, the learning process is the fun part.
Yes I've been having fun...

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm not in the fray .I will say this however ,the subject has a lot of thoughts and usually most are correct with regards to other included modifications .Even if certain port timing numbers were published including a detailed port map I can about bet no two would run exactly the same .Then what's it going to be used for? Hoger for big wood,cookie cutter ,impress your buds' cutting a pick up truck full of fire wood on Saturday ?