High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

S.W. Michigan

Crane

Super OPE Member
Local time
6:59 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Can anyone suggest a good Husqvarna repair shop?
357xp need sorting out. Again, for the forth time...
I just want to cut wood with it, and not have to become a mechanic to keep it running.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Is Ebels Hardware near there?
Ebels is up by me.

Can anyone suggest a good Husqvarna repair shop?
357xp need sorting out. Again, for the forth time...
I just want to cut wood with it, and not have to become a mechanic to keep it running.
@Genius works on saws on nights and weekends. Maybe he can keep you going if you're close enough?

Genius

First member of ASlite to receive a infraction
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ebels is up by me.

@Genius works on saws on nights and weekends. Maybe he can keep you going if you're close enough?

Not sure what's up with this saw. I've lost at it once. I know Bill was messing with it in the shop at the GTG, you may have looked at it too...

It doesn't have a air leak (at least it didn't when I had it). I rebuilt the carb and couldn't get it right. I put a new carb in it and it still wouldn't run right.

I know Crane sent it to one of the more component dealers in our area. Sadly I'm finding our dealers around here aren't that great at trouble shooting.

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
its the all orange paint

Crane

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Thanks to all of you for posting.
It has been a great saw, my favorite in fact.
Seems to be something fuel related, and when it is warm.
Cut two cord before acting up again.
Checked fuel filter. New air filter at the shop.
I'm no mechanic however.
Frustrated with it is all.
I'll take it back to the last shop tomorrow and have them take one more look.
If that doesn't work I'll run up to Ebals Hardware to ship it to them. Googled 150 miles one way from Saugatuck, MI. Drop off and pick it up is 600 miles.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not sure what's up with this saw. I've lost at it once. I know Bill was messing with it in the shop at the GTG, you may have looked at it too...

It doesn't have a air leak (at least it didn't when I had it). I rebuilt the carb and couldn't get it right. I put a new carb in it and it still wouldn't run right.

I know Crane sent it to one of the more component dealers in our area. Sadly I'm finding our dealers around here aren't that great at trouble shooting.
Hmm. I didn't look at it.

Tank vent might be bad, but I doubt it would cut 2 cords on 1 tank before it acted up. Maybe a fuel line, impulse line, and check the screen in the muffler. Or the ignition could be acting up when it gets hot

Crane

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Ran a several tanks of fuel through it to cut two cord. Ran great. Thought maybe bad fuel. Dumped it out (in car) and mixed fresh. Same issue. Using Stihl Ultra mix, which I've not used in this saw before, but use it in a 661.

A shop in Grand Haven worked on it. Don't want to bash anyone. Just want to cut some wood. Using a 661 for now, but need a shorter bar on it. 25" is too long for the size stuff I'm doing on a cut table. Makes for a tighter work area with the longer bar.

Maybe part of the problem is the way I cut. I cut two eight foot logs into six pieces each and shut the saw off. Split and then repeat cutting. So... lots of on/off with the saw. Not much idle time. Splitter and conveyor run full time until the 1/4 cord drum is full, then shut off splitter/conveyor to wrap a pallet. Start over.
Seemed like I fought almost everything all afternoon yesterday, including the saw. Even stuck several pieces on the SS wedge. Cut two pieces off a crooked log and it rolled backwards and dropped one end. Chain and forklift to fish it out.IMG_4592.jpgIMG_4589.jpgIMG_4597.jpgIMG_4596.jpg
Rain stopped. I keep hoping it's just the fuel, and using it will run it's course. Try again today, but that line of thinking is melting away.

Crane

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Took both saws out. Set the Stihl out of the way and tried the 357 (after threatening to burn it!) It ran great. A few hard starts. I did pull the cord out of it. It broke at the knot. Cut/split 3/4 cord. I may still take it to Ebals if it rains Wednesday. Have a friend in Leroy I have not seen in a while.

Crane

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Appreciate the posts, and especially the video. Helps me realize how complexingly engineered these saws are. That even the best of mechanics could easily have trouble sorting one out.
Another plus was I came across the 'Chain' forum in OPE.

Going much smoother this lately.
The saw has been running great this week, so not sure what the issue was, but I'm going to assume it was stale fuel or gummed up carb. Basically... operator error. Good to know VIP in Grand Haven, MI must have got it right. Sometime however, I still want to get to Ebals and check them out.

Back to cutting, splitting and wrapping...
Been delivering too this week. Eight cords.
I treated myself to a sun shade...
This one I can crank down so it should last longer. And, it has solar LED lighting.
How cool is that!
Couldn't resist....
(Base sitting on pallet. Thinking of making a receiver hitch mount for umbrella to mount on conveyor so it covers the splitter better.)

Thanks again to each of you, Crane, near Saugatuck, MI.IMG_4621.jpgIMG_4620.jpg

Crane

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
New week:
Back to same crap.

Screw Husquvarna's........................... Yoyo crap!

Running Stihl's