David Young

Safety First !!!!!!
Staff member
Local time
4:41 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Simon was good guy, RIP. When he returned my 372, he included a jar of salmon he had caught an processed.
Any vid of his 372 in action

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Not to be an a$$hole but I always figured this on line personality was a product of several ornery forum posters .In other words a figment of several peoples over active imagine who created an amusing kind of hologram who really didn't exist .Every so often when I visited another forum I could detect a certain writing style that was very distinctive but that could change .Then at a GTG I detected other little tid bits which caused me to question it too .I might be wrong or I could be right ---just saying .
No, you are being an *a-hole. Probably not the time/place to make a statement like that.

Didnt known the guy. Condolences to his friends and family.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
3:41 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not to be an a$$hole but I always figured this on line personality was a product of several ornery forum posters .In other words a figment of several peoples over active imagine who created an amusing kind of hologram who really didn't exist .Every so often when I visited another forum I could detect a certain writing style that was very distinctive but that could change .Then at a GTG I detected other little tid bits which caused me to question it too .I might be wrong or I could be right ---just saying .

You've been one a plenty, now please leave this thread be for what it was intended.

sawfun

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:41 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If so then of course condolences are forth coming then .However if this info comes from AS you have to remember the source is all I'm saying A$$ hole or not .Now be honest did anybody ever really see this fellow ? Just for general info once somebody said Gypo Logger bought the farm but in real life he is John Lambert and several others who are real people but they in fact were not .So if you are in the know kindly show this a$$hole the obit not some info from an online forum .
HE WAS REAL dude! He was a Canadian engineer that had an engineers approach to things. Plenty of Caadian loggers use saws modified by him. Most were pre X torque 372, 390, 044, 046, and 066.

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I talked to Simon several times - he was intelligent and like most Canadians, hard-headed and stubborn. He was a good old boy though and a lot of fun to argue with. I'm sorry to hear he's passed on.

He knew a lot about the industry, engine building, and what kind of machine timber fallers needed.

thedude74

Bonafide & Stuff !!!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My condolences to his friends and family. Sounds like he was one of the good ones. Way to young....

Stevetheboatguy

mountain dew and ibuprofen please
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Puts things into perspective to loose someone early instead of old age. When it's your time it's your time.

Do your best to live life enjoy and help others and love your family. You never know when the ride is going to end.

I pray when I go it's fast and nobody sees. Worst memory I have is my 3yo daughter crying in the back of our van as my wife drove me to the er. Never want to put anyone through that again. (Do what you have to do when the ambulance response time is 20min +) Definitely changed the way I spend my free time. All about the fam now.

Rest in peace my friend.

Steven

~WBF

Thecallofthewildanswered1989-2017[PAID IN FULL!]
Local time
8:41 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Here's a pic of a 372 he did for me years ago. RIP

View attachment 184336
Yes that's Simon's hand writing alright.
His signature black sprayed heads.
Did he do the muffler? He would pry the top deflector up a bit. It doesn't look like she was utilising all her power. Or she idled a lot in the cold winters of Montana?
Possibly the left side screen of the tri port is plugged then? Leach the F—ck out of the low always and give it 13,500 for that build.
Simon would send his saws out on the conservative side. Walker's send theirs out turn-key ready to go. No instructions needed. I bought a Walkerized 372 and a Simonized Saw about a month apart. People would ask me how do I like my new saw.
I would always say.." It's like a hair cut, I'll like it in a week" As my Poppa would always say: The difference between a good hair cut and a bad hair cut is 2 weeks..lol
After 11 year running ported 371/372,, Simon's saw amazed me when I turned it up after a week. That was 12 yrs ago and I remember the scenery of where I stood.

Last edited:

~WBF

Local time
User ID
Reaction score

A couple more to follow but here we go.
This guy is on it. Even undercuts his sapwood on each side. You may act like a yard guy and cut conventional but I know 'were ya 'bin' mother F—er ,you can't fool me.
Tuned and sharp
Sick Simonized 372

Last edited:

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I checked Facebook, couldn't find anything about where to send flowers, or donations to cover expenses. Does anyone have anything on any of that? Simon was a friend that I was regularly in contact with a few years ago. After I gave up on Facebook, we rarely talked. I wish I'd kept in touch a little better now.

04ultra

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Simon's dad will be moving into his house.. It happened at 3:48AM Sunday June 2nd so things are all messed up yet.

Simon Wright
394 CANDY LANE
CAMPBELL RIVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA V9W7Y8
CANADA

~WBF

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I checked Facebook, couldn't find anything about where to send flowers, or donations to cover expenses. Does anyone have anything on any of that? Simon was a friend that I was regularly in contact with a few years ago. After I gave up on Facebook, we rarely talked. I wish I'd kept in touch a little better now.
Just keep checking the Campbell river mirror newspaper. I only joined FB for work details as more information was directed that way but that has been a few years.
There is a 'West coast Fallers club' there as some of the jobs directed me that way.
Certainly they will honour him and give info as to the families wishes.
I would be cool to call his old Employer at C&L Supply in Campbell River tomorrow if you like (or you can) or talk to John Walker?
We have gone through this as first responders with Falling partners. I have been on the door steeps and waited for weeks for direction . A good question.
As to an answers at this time???

~WBF

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Got to be close to a 4 ft'er
28" bar?
Maybe same guy
XP T??
Xtorq.
Sounds different that than the dome

Last edited:

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Got to be close to a 4 ft'er
28" bar?
Maybe same guy
XP T??
Xtorq.
Sounds different that than the dome
Looks like a 24? Maybe 28. Sounds like an xp to me....the whine/rasp. Nice solid stick of beech

~WBF

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Looks like a 24? Maybe 28. Sounds like an xp to me....the whine/rasp. Nice solid stick of beech
Hello friend.
I looked at it again. Possibly a 26" I it's a bit of a queer size. Not to many guys run them.
I have never bought a 26" or a 30" personally but bought everything else.
Yes it does have that whine to it. 'It' said XP T...
I was wondering. It definitely seamed to have a lot more rev. I am not am XT guy.
It did sound different in the buck than in the first video so I was wondering.
Different filing, different wood I guess..
The video of the 372 of yours that I saw recently sounded like the Simonized in the first video. whowWwhowWwhowWwhow
That's pretty sick . What you running in that? Ancient Chinese secret?

Last edited: