stretch5881

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
7:08 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Most of the things mentioned here bring back fond childhood memories.
The thing I remember the most right now, is that damned outhouse in below zero weather.
And whose idea was that glossy toilet paper?

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
8:08 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I remember when gas was .52 cents a gallon.
When kids said yes sir, no sir, yes ma'am and no ma'am and if I got my but whooped at school, my dad said he'd give a better one at home.
When political correctness was not even a term, a thief could be tarred and feathered, and liars gained a name and no one trusted them (now they're just politicians) :cool:

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Remember when that dude talked *s-word about how bad his car was and how violent it left the start, wheels up every time. Well, when we got tired of your BS "talk"and bolted the slicks on it story time was over. So sad, boo hoo.
Most of that junk never went twelves let alone all that ten and eleven second *s-word they were spewing. Still makes me chuckle.

Dolmar Junkie

Not interested in rehab, just more Saws...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I remember when Mike LaRocco won the last 500 national outdoor championship at Steel City Motocross
That's the best part about YouTube, we can watch stuff now that I assumed was lost forever.
I like watching earlier MX with guys like Jammin Jimmy Weinert, later would be Bob Hannah time frame. But being a Kx5 enthusiast I love watching Rick ride, one track/video in particular ( now I must find it) will report back....

amberg

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I was told by a old timer one time that he remembered when people eat in the house and sh$$ outside. He said now the sh$$ in the house and eat in the yard!

Milkman, as I have had a lot on my mind lately, But this post caught my attention. Because what you say is true, My grand father and grand mother flat would not use the new bathroom in the house that was put in 1957. ( year I was born ) I remember my grandfather saying that you just don't sh_t in the house. We still have a 2 seat out house here that they always used. They went to the grave not using this new bathroom.

Frank bierce

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
5:08 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Milkman, as I have had a lot on my mind lately, But this post caught my attention. Because what you say is true, My grand father and grand mother flat would not use the new bathroom in the house that was put in 1957. ( year I was born ) I remember my grandfather saying that you just don't sh_t in the house. We still have a 2 seat out house here that they always used. They went to the grave not using this new bathroom.
Great story!
It really is crazy how quickly things change.
Is it sad to think that my kids will be remembering when trucks were only 50grand. Lol

PissRev

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm a 1974 child so I'm not as old as some of you old farts. I do remember playing with lawn darts and buying a brick of .22lr ammo for $7 at OTASCO (Oklahoma tire and supply).

srb08

Doesn't play well with others
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I remember when gas was .52 cents a gallon.
When kids said yes sir, no sir, yes ma'am and no ma'am and if I got my but whooped at school, my dad said he'd give a better one at home.
When political correctness was not even a term, a thief could be tarred and feathered, and liars gained a name and no one trusted them (now they're just politicians) :cool:
I remember gas wars and paying $.19 a gallon.