High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Redmax EBZ7001 on Craiglist

husky46cc

Active OPE Member
Local time
7:50 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I saw: "Redmax EBZ7001 backpack leaf blower for parts or repair. Make offer, " on Craigslist. He won't name his own asking price. I told him I was going to offer a lowball price. He said fine, make your offer. I asked him if it had been straight gassed, he never responded. I'm thinking of offering him $45. (A cylinder/piston kit is $185 on ebay, if it's been straight gassed. ) On the other hand, it may just need a carb. What do y'all think?

Thanks,
Tom

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
6:50 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If he accepts your offer of $45 take it. Then make sure it's not stolen and meet up a very safe location. Something sounds a little shady with lack of response to some of your questions.

husky46cc

Active OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
If he accepts your offer of $45 take it. Then make sure it's not stolen and meet up a very safe location. Something sounds a little shady with lack of response to some of your questions.
Thanks for the advice. He accepted $47.50 and I picked it up. It wouldn't start of course It looked like it had been outside in the rain for a year. The spark plug had what looked like dried mud on the electrode. The orange plastic was badly oxidized. So I got to work. Couldn't locate a 10mm compression gauge anywhere so I held a finger over the s.p. hole and could not hold air in, no matter how hard I tried. So compression's good! But no spark.. then I discover a broken wire to the ignition switch. Fixed that, gassed it up, and it started on the 5th pull. I've got it all cleaned up. Looks nice. I was shopping around for a Stihl BR600, $499. But this Redmax 65cc unit for $47.50 is fine with me. 204 mph, 579 cfm. It's all I need!

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
6:50 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks for the advice. He accepted $47.50 and I picked it up. It wouldn't start of course It looked like it had been outside in the rain for a year. The spark plug had what looked like dried mud on the electrode. The orange plastic was badly oxidized. So I got to work. Couldn't locate a 10mm compression gauge anywhere so I held a finger over the s.p. hole and could not hold air in, no matter how hard I tried. So compression's good! But no spark.. then I discover a broken wire to the ignition switch. Fixed that, gassed it up, and it started on the 5th pull. I've got it all cleaned up. Looks nice. I was shopping around for a Stihl BR600, $499. But this Redmax 65cc unit for $47.50 is fine with me. 204 mph, 579 cfm. It's all I need!

Good score! And if you need a manual @ray benson might have one for you.

husky46cc

Active OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Thank you Wayne and Ray for thinking about a manual. As it turns out, I found one online. Wayne, I thought about your advice to make sure the blower wasn't stolen. I talked to the Stihl service manager and he thought it unlikely because my Redmax didn't start and was in terrible shape. That had been my thought too. I appreciate the reminder to be cautious about possible stolen goods.

mels

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wifey has a 7001 and I shlep the 8001 around. Both great machines, best ones out there I think.

Keep an eye on the grommet the fuel lines run up through on top of the tank, if you store it with fuel in it that grommet will leak bad next time you fuel it up. I've replaced a few of 'em over the years, they come loaded with the lines.

That's the only thing I think I've ever had to do to them, dang good unit.

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wifey has a 7001 and I shlep the 8001 around. Both great machines, best ones out there I think.

Keep an eye on the grommet the fuel lines run up through on top of the tank, if you store it with fuel in it that grommet will leak bad next time you fuel it up. I've replaced a few of 'em over the years, they come loaded with the lines.

That's the only thing I think I've ever had to do to them, dang good unit.
I agree, best one I've ran.
The 7001 I have I've owned since new(about 15yrs) along with a shinny trimmer, all I've done is replace lines/filters on both units, but the blower needs new straps baaaaaaad :eek:. The 7001 disappointed me last week, it took 2 pulls, normally starts first pull, I wasn't quick enough shutting off the choke, so maybe I should be disappointed with myself lol. I ran it for over around an hr last week at a customers, then ran it for another 45 at home, great machine. I use it all winter on snow so it gets run all yr.

Great deal you got Tom.