High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Red Armor is the stuff!

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
7:36 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Not quite. lol Just cause I didn't know ratios doesn't not make me a mechanic. And for your info I'm completely restoring a 50 year old truck by myself as well. So....maybe you shouldn't be so quick to judge buddy. I'd be happy to post pictures of the work I have done on it so you can see I'm not as stupid as you think. lol
Simmah down now, I didn't call you stupid. Just pointing out that for someone who touts themselves as a chainsaw mechanic they ought to understand mixed fuel ratios.

CoreyB

Yep I am your neighborhood coffee man
Local time
6:36 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I plan to give red armor a shot, so far have had good luck with husky xp oil and dolmar synthetic. Found a place a few miles from home that sells red armor and a guy I know from north carolina swears by it so we'll give it a go. 2.5 gal mix bottle to 2 gal of gas as always.
I really like the Dolmar synthetic as well.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'll try the dolmar synthetic if I can find it so far red armor at 40-1 doesn't give me headaches like husky and stihl oil does I don't know why but several loggers have said the same and switched to red armor or other oils.

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I haven't seen it mentioned, but Red Armor is semi-synthetic if anybody is interested. They don't state this anywhere on there product, flyers, or website. I emailed them for the answer. I am using some right now (on my first 2 gallons).

TJ the Chainsaw Mechanic

Old Homelites rule!
Local time
4:36 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Simmah down now, I didn't call you stupid. Just pointing out that for someone who touts themselves as a chainsaw mechanic they ought to understand mixed fuel ratios.
I don't "tout" myself as being a mechanic. It's in my user name....BIG DEAL. lol I am a mechanic at a shop and I love my work. And guess what! I now understand mix ratios. And since your such a perfection freak I'll explain why I didn't understand in the first place! At the shop we run 50:1 in EVERYTHING. That's it. All I needed to know was to put a 2.6 bottle of mix in a 1 gallon can and I was good to go. If my boss wanted me to know other ratios he would have told me, and If I thought I needed to, I would have done the research. Not all mechanics know Everything. I bet I know alot of things that you don't...and should I start downing you because of it? Here's something, and Don't look it up! Right down for me the Quadratic formula. You should have learned this in Algebra 2.

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I don't "tout" myself as being a mechanic. It's in my user name....BIG DEAL. lol I am a mechanic at a shop and I love my work. And guess what! I now understand mix ratios. And since your such a perfection freak I'll explain why I didn't understand in the first place! At the shop we run 50:1 in EVERYTHING. That's it. All I needed to know was to put a 2.6 bottle of mix in a 1 gallon can and I was good to go. If my boss wanted me to know other ratios he would have told me, and If I thought I needed to, I would have done the research. Not all mechanics know Everything. I bet I know alot of things that you don't...and should I start downing you because of it? Here's something, and Don't look it up! Right down for me the Quadratic formula. You should have learned this in Algebra 2.
download (1).jpg

fordf150

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I think they dropped the price on the red armor or i just hassled my rep enough for him to give me a better deal on it. He has been getting on me for not selling any Echo/red armor oil so he almost begged me this spring to buy some and i told him it was too expensive. An hour later i finally agreed to take a few cases. Its down close to the same price as the dolmar/makita oil. $3 for 2.5gal bottle.

Genius

First member of ASlite to receive a infraction
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think they dropped the price on the red armor or i just hassled my rep enough for him to give me a better deal on it. He has been getting on me for not selling any Echo/red armor oil so he almost begged me this spring to buy some and i told him it was too expensive. An hour later i finally agreed to take a few cases. Its down close to the same price as the dolmar/makita oil. $3 for 2.5gal bottle.

If I renember right that's about what I pay.

I'll find out shortly. I need to get some today, I'm going to stop at my dealer before I go home for lunch.

CoreyB

Yep I am your neighborhood coffee man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Locally it is $6 for 2.5 gal and $9 for the 5 gal mix.
@fordf150 I will have to try and remember when I ordered my L&T bar to get some.

Genius

First member of ASlite to receive a infraction
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
i just picked up a 6 pack of the 2.5 gallon mix.

$18.50, a touch over $3 a bottle

I'm pretty sure that Stihl Ultra is $5-6 a bottle

fordf150

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
@fordf150 - I didn't see it in your website...
just got them in for the first time a couple weeks ago. i have been slacking on adding new stuff to the site. just a time issue because i have a new site that is almost ready to go live as soon as i have time to get all the price files updated for the partsmart and add all the extra's in the custom catalogs.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok so I can be taunted why we callin this stuff pre mix? I buy quarts or gallons of two cycle oil We all talkin the same thing here

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
4:36 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I'd advise pulling your jug to clean all the carbon before switching to red armor...especially if the previous oil used was Stihl ultra. It will clean enough carbon off to cause considerable wear on the piston. Like a polishing compound.

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Last 6 pack of Husky XP I bought @ my local dealer was just shy of $20 (5.2 oz'ers).