Red Armor is the stuff!

Mark71gtx

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:55 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The old stuff used to run ratios of 16:1 some old McCulloch saws even ran 10:1. Most told you to mix the fuel with 30wt engine oil. Oil is much better these days...

Mark71gtx

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks. lol Now I feel dumb. haha!
Don't - we are all here to learn and/or help. That is what makes this forum great. None of us were born knowing all of these things. Together we can put a great deal of knowledge to good use for all parties involved.

CoreyB

Yep I am your neighborhood coffee man
Local time
6:55 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Don't - we are all here to learn and/or help. That is what makes this forum great. None of us were born knowing all of these things. Together we can put a great deal of knowledge to good use for all parties involved.
That is why sometimes I answer in a broke down simplified way. Because I know someone will find it looking for a detailed answer.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Why is the piston top so clean ?

Looks to be rich?
I think it's the lighting. Look at the top pic. It's all black, rather than seeing wash marks. Probably a tad lean, actually (or 50:1 vs 32:1 that were accustomed to seeing on here). But it looks like it leaves lots on the piston

stihl saws

You can always justify another saw.
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I have heard of landing saws getting filled with diesel ,something to think about with red oil .
Just a curiosity question, will a saw even attempt to run on diesel? Or partial diesel? Anybody have any real world experience?

jake wells

no longer here
Local time
6:55 PM
User ID
Reaction score
i can say red armor is a product with ester and it burns clean i just wish the price was more affordable.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just a curiosity question, will a saw even attempt to run on diesel? Or partial diesel? Anybody have any real world experience?
It might fire until the diesel got into the carb. Diesel won't explode like gas. And it needs about 400psi ish to ignite

stihl saws

You can always justify another saw.
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
It might fire until the diesel got into the carb. Diesel won't explode like gas. And it needs about 400psi ish to ignite
Right. Diesel is much oilier than gas though. I'm just wondering if you'd see any damage from it. I kind of doubt it, if it ran long enough to begin with.