Onan18

OPE Sponsor
GoldMember
Local time
2:49 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good to know! What do you think is better, Stilh or the Red Armor? I don't run my saws to much, but when I run them I'm going hard at it. lol Been running the stilh high perf gray bottle for years, but am open to better ideas.

Red Armor is better IMHO, used to run Stihl oil myself, switched to Red Armor after seeing how well it works and never looked back.

Joe

CoreyB

Yep I am your neighborhood coffee man
Local time
1:49 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I paid $9 for a 5 gal mix very expensive.

Good to know! What do you think is better, Stilh or the Red Armor? I don't run my saws to much, but when I run them I'm going hard at it. lol Been running the stilh high perf gray bottle for years, but am open to better ideas.
I do like it better then the Stihl ultra gray bottle.
Red armor doesn't stink as bad and burns cleaner. But as far as protection I have no clue but I won't use the stihl just for the 2 points above.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
12.95 for 6 2.5 gallon mix bottles red armor at Bridgeport equipment nearly half what stihl ultra cost me I switched to it about two years ago I like it much better it really cleans the carbon out of the old saws I pick up as well.

Mark71gtx

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have been using the Stihl Ultra for a while now. I have been reading about the Ultra leaving behind lots if deposits and have decided to switch oils. Seeing how this has cleaned up pistons (I checked the web site too) I think I have found my new oil. I have been running everything 50:1 for a while now, but I am considering the move to 32:1. I guess I would need to buy a quart or gallon size to do that though...

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks! Gonna have to try a bottle fer sure.
I dislike the Stihl oil but I use it some There's much better oil out there this stuff were speaking of is pretty good seems lots of folk really like the klotz racing oil I've not personally used it though may try it once I burn through my lucas No gripes with the lucas this far I do avoid the stihl in general never liked it

CoreyB

Yep I am your neighborhood coffee man
Local time
1:49 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I run 42.5:1 lol 3 oz per gallon. Seems to work really well at least in my limited use. I will let you all know in 20 years if it doesn't hold up.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Red armor is good oil I'll agree with that one just takes a ride for me to get it though Plus if ima order online.....

Mark71gtx

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have had no trouble at 50:1, but I have some really old saws that I want o run more oil on simply because piston and cylinder kits have been NLA for decades... I want to run them. That I what they were made for. I take pride in bringing them back to life. It would be a shame to get it running and then just retire it to a shelf. They had already been shelved or tossed before they came to me.

TJ the Chainsaw Mechanic

Old Homelites rule!
Local time
11:49 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I have had no trouble at 50:1, but I have some really old saws that I want o run more oil on simply because piston and cylinder kits have been NLA for decades... I want to run them. That I what they were made for. I take pride in bringing them back to life. It would be a shame to get it running and then just retire it to a shelf. They had already been shelved or tossed before they came to me.
I here ya. lol I must be getting my ratios mixed.

Last edited: