High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Recent Wood Score Post your Pics Thread

Porkgasm

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
9:49 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I just figure it will get a little larger when it's split.
I figured 2' tall by 7'(gave a couple extra inches) by 20'.
2x7x20/128=2.1875, so little less for the 2" and whatnot.

A bunch does look like ash, wasn't sure myself on the ones in the back with all the crotches .

It looks to me like the trailer is a little squatted as the truck looks to be a 3/4 or 1 ton(probably a 1 ton, but I'm not a dodge guy).
I've don't usually let a thing like a weight limit stop me from hauling more weight, hope your saws aren't turned up past the manufactures specs Kevin :risas3:.

Whoa replies.lol. Ok everyone had great answers. I did forget to mention the pickup is only a 3/4 ton and yes that's a 7k trailer. So I ran across the local ag scale in town and was 19,480 gross. Rough estimate I came up with was around 8,980 wood weight, pickup is around 8500 with me in and racks. So we were dang close to 9k.

Porkgasm

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
And I was wrong on the species I was told it was a maple and the bark looked similar to my maple trees at my house, up on further inspection it appears to be tulip poplar. These were the leaf pics he sent me today. Although the bottom one to me looks like a boxelder. Oh well mystery wood. Lol49611.jpeg 49545.jpeg

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:49 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
And I was wrong on the species I was told it was a maple and the bark looked similar to my maple trees at my house, up on further inspection it appears to be tulip poplar. These were the leaf pics he sent me today. Although the bottom one to me looks like a boxelder. Oh well mystery wood. LolView attachment 148015 View attachment 148016
There you go, tulip poplar.
I've never cut one, but they are all over if I pay attention. Walking the front of our property today I saw a very large TP leaf on the ground, they blow over here from the neighbors large tree about 100yds away through the woods and across the street.
Took this guy down for a buddy today, found it on craigslist. It was an interesting conversation with the homeowner, they're a bit concerned that I just might cut the wrong tree down, I assured them that unless they came outside and put their hand on the tree as I was cutting it that there would be no way of making it any clearer what tree it was. This is after many pictures back and forth taken by them as well as me, and with arrows drawn on the pictures and sent back to me :facepalm:. Well I was wrong, it could be made clearer o_O.
Screen Shot 2018-10-30 at 11.52.18 PM.png
It's the one leaning right behind my suburban I think, hopefully I got the right one:risas3:.
Screen Shot 2018-10-30 at 11.53.56 PM.png

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
11:49 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There you go, tulip poplar.
I've never cut one, but they are all over if I pay attention. Walking the front of our property today I saw a very large TP leaf on the ground, they blow over here from the neighbors large tree about 100yds away through the woods and across the street.
Took this guy down for a buddy today, found it on craigslist. It was an interesting conversation with the homeowner, they're a bit concerned that I just might cut the wrong tree down, I assured them that unless they came outside and put their hand on the tree as I was cutting it that there would be no way of making it any clearer what tree it was. This is after many pictures back and forth taken by them as well as me, and with arrows drawn on the pictures and sent back to me :facepalm:. Well I was wrong, it could be made clearer o_O.
View attachment 148024
It's the one leaning right behind my suburban I think, hopefully I got the right one:risas3:.
View attachment 148025

Good communication is key. I can't seem to get my wife and kids to understand that.

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Funny you should say that, just had an interesting conversation with my wife. We ran out of hot water/propane two mornings ago and she let me know, so 10 mins later I hooked up a new 100lb tank. Later that night she asked me "did you go get propane" to which I answered no I just hooked up one of the other tanks. Last night she says so did you get the propane hooked up, walked her back threw the whole conversation and reminded her she's already used the hot water since then lol. She's been real busy so I get it, I'm just glad this time I did it right away so I was on the better side, it's not always that way :cool:.
Here's the picture I had previously sent the home owner when I went there to check the tree out, they sent it back with the arrow on it, it's the only red oak still standing in the area.
Screenshot_20181031-091108.png
And here's the conversation just before they put the cones out.
I was also trying to get them to say that it was fine to fall it into the road as there wasn't going to be any way to easily manipulate the fall with such a hard lean(it ended up sitting on my bar when I bore cut to set the hinge which was 1.5" wide, and an inch above the notch which was only 4" in on a 22" tree, I had to remove the saw and grab another, glad the bar didn't bend when it rolled after the tree hit the drive). They finally said in a text it wouldn't be a problem as the other neighbors wanted the tree down because it was dangerous(it leaned over the drive as about 15' as well as the lean to the right you can see in the pict with the suburban). They had said it in a phone conversation, but it seemed as though they were avoiding it in the texts, I wasn't leaving the house unless they said all is fine with dropping it on the drive.
It's much easier with a contract to just write it on the contract and walk them through it then have them sign it :deal:.
Screen Shot 2018-10-31 at 9.41.07 AM.png

Last edited:

Porkgasm

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Funny you should say that, just had an interesting conversation with my wife. We ran out of hot water/propane two mornings ago and she let me know, so 10 mins later I hooked up a new 100lb tank. Later that night she asked me "did you go get propane" to which I answered no I just hooked up one of the other tanks. Last night she says so did you get the propane hooked up, walked her back threw the whole conversation and reminded her she's already used the hot water since then lol. She's been real busy so I get it, I'm just glad this time I did it right away so I was on the better side, it's not always that way :cool:.
Here's the picture I had previously sent the home owner when I went there to check the tree out, they sent it back with the arrow on it, it's the only red oak still standing in the area.
View attachment 148068
And here's the conversation just before they put the cones out.
I was also trying to get them to say that it was fine to fall it into the road as there wasn't going to be any way to easily manipulate the fall with such a hard lean(it ended up sitting on my bar when I bore cut to set the hinge which was 1.5" wide, and an inch above the notch which was only 4" in on a 22" tree, I had to remove the saw and grab another, glad the bar didn't bend when it rolled after the tree hit the drive). They finally said in a text it wouldn't be a problem as the other neighbors wanted the tree down because it was dangerous(it leaned over the drive as about 15' as well as the lean to the right you can see in the pict with the suburban). They had said it in a phone conversation, but it seemed as though they were avoiding it in the texts, I wasn't leaving the house unless they said all is fine with dropping it on the drive.
It's much easier with a contract to just write it on the contract and walk them through it then have them sign it :deal:.
View attachment 148070

I mark stuff like that for myself just so I dont screw up. Lol. I do like the cones though.

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I mark stuff like that for myself just so I dont screw up. Lol. I do like the cones though.
The tree was so obvious from looking at the ad, stood out like a sore thumb.
I should have saved the ad, it's down now.
They did say we can come back and take any of the downed trees, I hope they do a good job marking those too:risas3:.
I asked if I could bring my small tractor, a Kubota L3800 out there to haul the wood out. I also said it has a 5' wide bucket and it's a compact utility tractor and I sent a picture with things in it so they could tell how big it is(trying to be clear lol), response was "possibly, can't see how big it is", here we go again o_O.
I do find that folks who are more difficult to deal with can be an incredible blessing as they typically appreciate the work you do when it's done right. I usually get a good amount more work when I go the extra mile for them and it pays dividends in the end, it's just making it to the end that's the hard part :D.

I saw a lot

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I like the Unistrut for holding the greed boards together. Might have to copy that one...

They work great for attaching straps and easy to take off when not needed. Only down side that haven't really addressed is they flop around more. More me being lazy than a design flaw.

ajschainsaws

Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
5:49 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
dropped off another load of rings too local firewood merchant i don't do retail sales anymore don't have time to deal with customer issues I leave that for him

WP_20181031_09_03_39_Pro.jpg WP_20181031_09_03_28_Pro.jpg

Last edited:

birdmeter

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
i have seen a lot of pictures of firewood in the UK . it is cut real short and very small? how come the firewood in USA seems 16 inches i try to cut is on the short side .i cut mostly 24 up 32 inch long my spliter can open up to 32 inches if it fits in my spliter it will fit in my stove. are wood cook stove fire box is very small 16 is good length but a couple of 19 inch pieces will fit and the door will still shut.

ajschainsaws

Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
5:49 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
i have seen a lot of pictures of firewood in the UK . it is cut real short and very small? how come the firewood in USA seems 16 inches i try to cut is on the short side .i cut mostly 24 up 32 inch long my spliter can open up to 32 inches if it fits in my spliter it will fit in my stove. are wood cook stove fire box is very small 16 is good length but a couple of 19 inch pieces will fit and the door will still shut.

Yes around 10” logs are the norm around these parts , there’s a lot of smaller wood burners around gone are the days of big fires and big logs
Most houses got fancy oil central heating and a wood fire is a weekend luxury