Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:25 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The @Spike60
Is it a good deal

Yeah, it's a steal. All of the W kits list for $30. The 572 kit is the only one that includes a side cover. For whatever reason they do not have an outside dog that bolts to the stock cover as on the 562. My guess is that they feel they need the extra support of that dog being supported over the bar studs. For those that don't already know it, the 572 side covers interchange with the 372, 390, and 576 covers. The standard inside spike that comes on a 572 is the same as on the 372/390/576.

So the casting of the cover that you actually get with the 572 W kit is the same as the W side cover of the other saws. Initially they were sending the 576W cover cause it has the silver paint. Future kits will contain that casting painted in the "rough" silver paint to match the rest of the 572. Retail on these covers alone is north of $80. By far the cheapest way to get a side cover for any of these saws. Even if you threw everything else in the kit out.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah, it's a steal. All of the W kits list for $30. The 572 kit is the only one that includes a side cover. For whatever reason they do not have an outside dog that bolts to the stock cover as on the 562. My guess is that they feel they need the extra support of that dog being supported over the bar studs. For those that don't already know it, the 572 side covers interchange with the 372, 390, and 576 covers. The standard inside spike that comes on a 572 is the same as on the 372/390/576.

So the casting of the cover that you actually get with the 572 W kit is the same as the W side cover of the other saws. Initially they were sending the 576W cover cause it has the silver paint. Future kits will contain that casting painted in the "rough" silver paint to match the rest of the 572. Retail on these covers alone is north of $80. By far the cheapest way to get a side cover for any of these saws. Even if you threw everything else in the kit out.
i knew you'd know
i bought one when i seen't it
might use the wrap to make a full wrappy 257
or even better a ms261 with a husky wrap.

BonScott46

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:25 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Will the clutch cover fit a 2071? Does it come with the chain tensioner as well?

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes to both questions.
This is very cool.
XPW with the 572 cover and the XPW wearing 572 cover, not a fan of the grey, but I like the captive nuts.
I'll probably order the 572 wrap kit, mainly so I can get the large dogs and a new cover for my 576, it's looking pretty rough after 10 or so tanks lol. It's hard to not buy the whole kit when they are so cheap vs just the large dogs. I like how Husqvarna is doing the wrap handles, seems like it makes it easier on the dealers and cheaper for the guys who want them, nice compromise to dealers siting on extra saws vs not making them at all and loosing a segment of the market that wants them :campeon:.
Screen Shot 2019-12-07 at 12.56.38 PM.png

Last edited:

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This is very cool.
XPW with the 572 cover and the XPW wearing 572 cover, not a fan of the grey, but I like the captive nuts.
I'll probably order the 572 wrap kit, mainly so I can get the large dogs and a new cover for my 576, it's looking pretty rough after 10 or so tanks lol. It's hard to not buy the whole kit when they are so cheap vs just the large dogs. I like how Husqvarna is doing the wrap handles, seems like it makes it easier on the dealers and cheaper for the guys who want them, nice compromise to dealers siting on extra saws vs not making them at all and loosing a segment of the market that wants them :campeon:.
View attachment 211448
your saws have the wrong colored components
how can this be?

BonScott46

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:25 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This is very cool.
View attachment 211448
That is a nice wrap on the Jonsered, i need to find one for my 2071.