Re Creating a Classic 046

JonCraig

Super OPE Member
Local time
8:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It’s still on the to-do list. Right behind “rebuild this Husky 261” and “flip these other 6 saws soon or you’re gonna trip over them all weekend.”

Admittedly, all these things are more important that all the stuff my wife puts on the honey-do list. She seems to feel differently. ;-)

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
9:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My former MIL (she has since passed) said to me one time (after my wife was griping) "why don't you just finish the things on her list". My wife had a written list she was griping was not completed.

I responded, "As soon as I finish that list, there will be a new one, it never ends, so what's the rush"? She looked at me and said "Oh … OK"!!!

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It’s still on the to-do list. Right behind “rebuild this Husky 261” and “flip these other 6 saws soon or you’re gonna trip over them all weekend.”

Admittedly, all these things are more important that all the stuff my wife puts on the honey-do list. She seems to feel differently. ;-)

Sounds kinda like my 034 project, been in the shed for quite some time. But, somehow, I always find time for 046/460s, so if you need to lighten your burden … just let me know!

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My former MIL (she has since passed) said to me one time (after my wife was griping) "why don't you just finish the things on her list". My wife had a written list she was griping was not completed.

I responded, "As soon as I finish that list, there will be a new one, it never ends, so what's the rush"? She looked at me and said "Oh … OK"!!!
My ex-gf's dad once told me "Women, they get glad the same way they get mad".

Never complete the list

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had to work all day yesterday, about an hour from home (was a long day). Of course, when I get home, they tried to deliver the 460 tank handle I've been waiting for, but it needs a signature (no warning it was finally coming).

Hopefully I can get it today, PO does not open till 9 today.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I can't believe it, I GOT THEM!!!! 2 MS 460 Tank Handles came today, and I ordered them on Sat, and they were the lowest price of any I have ordered.

On Ebay - USAHardware, a Chinese Co but they ship from CA.

I now have 4 MS 460 tank holders (which I need) and 3 MS 440 tank holders (that I did not order). Waited 1.5 Mos for the last one, and it was the wrong item!!!

If anyone needs one, they are fast and correct and a low price (under $32). Can't believe I finally got the right stuff, so much frustration! Now, to get the Hemi 460 running!!!

J_M____

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey Mike want to hook me up with a 440 handle? I need one for a builder case I just got.
Any chance you have any 440 cylinders you might want to sell?

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I got the Hemi jug saw running today, the first carb did not work right, but the second one did!!! Starting to run low on OEM carbs. In fact, starting to run low on lots of parts, had to steal a few thing from the most recent saw I got, which I was trying to keep in tact.

For example, I did not have any nuts for the carb, but then I realized the nuts I got for the spikes are the same size … problem solved!

This Hemi jug had a nice wide squish band, wider than the other two I currently have. With squish of .018 and Ex at 105, she can get your attention when you pull it over. I did not do any port work to it (but I deleted the base gasket), the saw sounds great, response is instant. Can't wait to put a B+C on it and see what it does. Will not be tomorrow, I have to help my brother out again. Will be a tough day!

Ought Ohhh!!! I'm now up to 18 runners, I gotta start moving more saws along, but I want to do some comparison testing first! Luckily, I do have one saw in for repair, so when my wife stepped into the garage, looked around and said "are all these your saws?" I was honestly able to answer her "NO"!!! (The saw has been fixed for a week, but the guy has not picked it up yet).

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I can't believe it, I GOT THEM!!!! 2 MS 460 Tank Handles came today, and I ordered them on Sat, and they were the lowest price of any I have ordered.

On Ebay - USAHardware, a Chinese Co but they ship from CA.

I now have 4 MS 460 tank holders (which I need) and 3 MS 440 tank holders (that I did not order). Waited 1.5 Mos for the last one, and it was the wrong item!!!

If anyone needs one, they are fast and correct and a low price (under $32). Can't believe I finally got the right stuff, so much frustration! Now, to get the Hemi 460 running!!!
Right on man glad you finally got the tank handles and can't wait to see how well that D cylinder runs.

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I got the Hemi jug saw running today, the first carb did not work right, but the second one did!!! Starting to run low on OEM carbs. In fact, starting to run low on lots of parts, had to steal a few thing from the most recent saw I got, which I was trying to keep in tact.

For example, I did not have any nuts for the carb, but then I realized the nuts I got for the spikes are the same size … problem solved!

This Hemi jug had a nice wide squish band, wider than the other two I currently have. With squish of .018 and Ex at 105, she can get your attention when you pull it over. I did not do any port work to it (but I deleted the base gasket), the saw sounds great, response is instant. Can't wait to put a B+C on it and see what it does. Will not be tomorrow, I have to help my brother out again. Will be a tough day!

Ought Ohhh!!! I'm now up to 18 runners, I gotta start moving more saws along, but I want to do some comparison testing first! Luckily, I do have one saw in for repair, so when my wife stepped into the garage, looked around and said "are all these your saws?" I was honestly able to answer her "NO"!!! (The saw has been fixed for a week, but the guy has not picked it up yet).
Lol. My lady knows what I have for saw's and she would call bull if I told her if they weren't all mine. Lol. And she knows what saws I work on for other people because she knows them all so no fibbing on my part eeevvveerr....Lol.:embarazada:

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Had a good scare today. Put a B+C on the 460 Hemi and put it in wood for the first time. It died early in the second cut, and had no compression.

I'm thinking "Crap, never had a saw blow up on me before". Took it home and realize the decomp blew out. Replaced it and it runs fine … WEW!!!

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Had a good scare today. Put a B+C on the 460 Hemi and put it in wood for the first time. It died early in the second cut, and had no compression.

I'm thinking "Crap, never had a saw blow up on me before". Took it home and realize the decomp blew out. Replaced it and it runs fine … WEW!!!
Yea i never run my saw's with a decomp I've seen to many saw's burnt up because of the decomp stuck open from carbon but that's just my personal experience.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I never removed the decomp from that jug, I just assumed it was tight, it was flush with the bottom, my bad.

I've never had a saw go bad from one, and I like to use them for warm starts, especially near the end of the day or when I'm balancing on a wood pile, etc.

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I never removed the decomp from that jug, I just assumed it was tight, it was flush with the bottom, my bad.

I've never had a saw go bad from one, and I like to use them for warm starts, especially near the end of the day or when I'm balancing on a wood pile, etc.
I understand how that goes my shoulder gives me some grief but I'm not ready for a decomp yet or I'm just to stubborn. Lol