danimal

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:00 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I hear you and know exactly what you are saying

We have probably messed things up many times by NOT letting him hit rock bottom and finally getting sick and tired of his life

We keep catching him when he falls and it is just enabling him

The larger issue with that is he always seems to fall apart in the middle of an Alaska winter and we can't get the image out of our minds of him freezing to death in his car or a homeless camp if we don't step in

We know we shouldn't but we can't help it

This is 6 times and I honestly am ready to let him face the music on his own

If he can get into a 4 week inpatient program that has some sort of after care plan it will just about get him into late winter, early spring...

We just have to come to grips with the fact he is an adult and HE makes it or breaks it

Thanks for caring enough to comment
Sorry to hear of your tragedy-
In all sincerity on my part-get that young man in a suntan parlor!
Physically and mentally for some- lack of solar radiation is the root cause.
I'm doing the shakeandbake myself-once a wk. I was sick Nov-dec.
Hell with that. I'm feeling great- and good spirits also...

3browns

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sorry to hear of your tragedy-
In all sincerity on my part-get that young man in a suntan parlor!
Physically and mentally for some- lack of solar radiation is the root cause.
I'm doing the shakeandbake myself-once a wk. I was sick Nov-dec.
Hell with that. I'm feeling great- and good spirits also...

Funny you should mention that

I was in Hawaii when all this went down and we rushed home

A few days before my daughter had linked a news article about vitamin D and how new studies show that NOTHING replaces getting your D through sunlight

Not pills or vitamins or shots

It was quite in depth and talked about how statistics and studies on sun exposure and cancer and stuffs was so wrong and so misreported

My non use of sunscreen all these years is vindicated

But seriously I had never thought of the correlation of our dark ass winters

Probably because I’m one of the folks it doesn’t bother

I just gets on my bike and goes out like it’s summer and never think twice

My wife is heading back to our house in Hawaii tomorrow

She is NOT a dark winter person

Thanks for responding

Sun lamps to maximum

Full speed ahead

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
3:00 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Random thought...seen enough of this C-17 *s-wordt this week to last a month. Couple of problematic birds with some f'd up avionics/hardware/software problems, and get to do it again tomorrow. We'll get their asses trust me...just some methodical, time consuming damn troubleshooting!

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
and very random thought just came to me. Very glad my last name
Random thought...seen enough of this C-17 *s-wordt this week to last a month. Couple of problematic birds with some f'd up avionics/hardware/software problems, and get to do it again tomorrow. We'll get their asses trust me...just some methodical, time consuming damn troubleshooting!

Thanks for being the muscle behind all the motion. The gears that make the machine move! Deeply appreciated sir! Semper Fi!

LOMartin

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

You at Robin or Gordon? I’m at both every few months. Working on a few buildings, some on the flight line. It’s always a good day when I get to see our countries bada** machinery.

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Just when you think things are bad, you see someone else in a situation you couldn’t imagine trying to deal with.

My sincerest condolences/thoughts are with those dealing with addiction issues. Been there, done that. Not my own issues but those of a loved one. It is a brutal, thankless and no-win situation. If there is anything i can do to help, please don’t heaitate to reach out.

3browns

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just when you think things are bad, you see someone else in a situation you couldn’t imagine trying to deal with.

My sincerest condolences/thoughts are with those dealing with addiction issues. Been there, done that. Not my own issues but those of a loved one. It is a brutal, thankless and no-win situation. If there is anything i can do to help, please don’t heaitate to reach out.

And that’s why this forum is so awesome!!!

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
2:00 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Rais the price man! They're deals on these bars keep going up. Used to be $9, then $16, now

deal of the day2.jpg

I figured for $9 they're too soft of metal to be worth $9

cus_deluxe

terms of service violator
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:00 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not much of a random thought but more like a rant last week sucked got stuck in the wight out in my truck then had to get poled out bent the rear bumper and no more than a half hour my beautiful woman slipped on the ice and broke her ankle and now there saying we might get hit with another snow storm on the day she goes to the Dr to see if she has to go under the knife ugggg.

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:00 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@MG porting that sounds like a real rotten bit of luck my friend, I'm sorry to hear. I hope better things come your way!
Thank you TreeLife I appreciate it. Yea life has it's way sometimes but we will conker this one way or another I just hope her ankle heals well she likes to go for walks a lot. Lol